Saturday, July 6, 2013

Summer Fun Has Begun

This pic was actually from Easter weekend, but in Vegas that FEELS like summer -
Emma and I went to Vegas to attend my friend Holly's Dad's funeral, and Randall decided it would be fun to sleep out in the backyard with the kids while we were gone.
Apparently it was a little chilly that night...
The next weekend I stayed overnight in Salt Lake for youth conference, and he made a fire and s'mores with the kids.  What an over-achiever! ;)
Please do not look at how AWFUL our back yard looks!  I swear it's MUCH better now.  ;)  Gotta love Weed n' Feed!
Grandma Brown sewed all our pants with holes in the knees into shorts, and used the scraps to give the kids a little sewing lesson -
Our neighbors next door have a really affordable candy store, and the kids have been doing all kinds of little chores around the house to earn money so they can go buy candy. 
I thought the kids would get tired of holding Emma, but they still LOVE it. 
Randall's work gave us tickets to the Bees game, and I only got this one crappy cell-phone picture.  It was admittedly a little hectic with all the kids, but we still had fun.  Next time I think we'll make it a date night!
Liberty Park
Bre and I took our kids to Liberty Park and then Leatherby's for ice cream.  Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of the ice cream Sundae that I bought.  It was HUGE.  I split it up between ALL of my kids and we even had leftovers!





Brown Family Reunion
Lydia LOVES dogs.  Too bad she has a mean Mom that won't get her one!
 After the reunion we met up with our friends for
Taylorsville Dayzz
 
None of my kids were scared of the fireworks again this year.  Savanna actually kept reaching up to try and touch them!
Even Emma liked to watch.
 West Jordan Park
 
 
 
 The kids LOVED it even though it was over 100 degrees that day.  Luckily Grandpa and Grandma Brown brought a cooler full of water to keep us all hydrated!
 
 
Jensen Family Reunion
 It's SO CRAZY to watch my kids climbing all over play equipment that I climbed on as a kid. I wish I had a picture of me on this bear from 25 years (YIKES!) ago.  I'm  guessing it would have looked a lot like this -
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanksgiving Point Children's Gardens 
Jax, Jenni, and I took our kids to Thanksgiving Point at the beginning of the summer.  There are SO MANY things for the kids to do there!  LOVED it!
 Cameron was a little bit cold...







We also went swimming in Jax and Casey's neighborhood pool, (too busy trying to keep my kids' heads above water to take pictures) and to Jump On It to celebrate Logan's Birthday (forgot my camera, and my phone DOES NOT do well with motion shots).  We've been doing all the usual summer stuff - going to the park, slip n' slide-ing, running through sprinklers, and eating LOTS of popcicles.  We've had TONS of fun so far, and even more coming up.  My only complaint is that Summer is flying by WAY TOO FAST! (That's right, I'm not even going to complain about the extremely high, record-setting temperatures.  BRING IT ON!)

No comments: