Monday, July 29, 2013

Recipes

My sister asked me for my favorite banana bread recipe, so I figured I'd just put it on here.

Banana Nut Bread/Muffins/Bundt Cake/Whatever-the-heck-you-want
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. applesauce
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
4 Tbsp plain greek yogurt
4 - 5 ripe mashed bananas
3/4 c chopped walnuts/chocolate chips/raisins, etc.

Put everything but the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and nuts into the bowl and mix. Then add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda (you can sift/mix them first if you want but I'm too lazy to do that) and mix again.  Stir in nuts.  Pour into greased pans and bake at 350 for
mini muffins - 12-15 minutes
muffins - 20-25 minutes
bread - 50-60 minutes
bundt - 60-65 minutes
I usually double the recipe (if not triple) because we're pigs.

I'm obviously not a food blogger because I don't know how to take cute food pictures -
 Adding a couple of adorable girls with fuzzy bedhead always helps -

And just so you don't think I'm obsessed with muffins, since that happens to be the only 2 recipes on this entire blog, I'm also going to include my latest fave -

Chicken Lettuce Wraps (My easier version of P.F. Changs)
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cans water chestnuts
1-2  packages mushrooms
1 onion
1 tsp. minced garlic
6 Tbsp. soy sauce
6 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. rice vinegar
romaine or iceberg lettuce
 
Bring the oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan. Sauté the chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until barely done. Remove chicken from the pan to cool. Keep the oil in the pan. Chop the mushrooms, onion, chicken, and water chestnuts like you've never chopped before, until they're pretty much unrecognizeable. (Especially the mushrooms if your kids are like mine and they "HATE" them.) Throw them back into the pan and saute for a couple of minutes.  Add the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and brown sugar and simmer one more minute. Then spoon them into the lettuce leaf and have a napkin ready because they're kinda messy!

 
I promise they taste a lot better than they look!

No comments: