Monday, July 8, 2013

Lagoon 2013

We look forward to Randall's work party at Lagoon ALL YEAR, which is why I was pretty bummed when I threw up the morning of the event.  (NO, I'm not pregnant.)  I felt fine after I threw up, and figured it must have been the crappy hot dogs I ate for dinner the night before.  All the kids were fine, so we just continued on with our plans and headed for Lagoon.  We had lots of fun, but after dinner Randall started feeling nauseous.  He decided to go home with his parents, and I stayed at Lagoon with Jackie and Casey and the older kids.  I rode a few rides, and started to feel a bit queesy, but we HAD TO do our usual Tilt-a-Whirl and Scrambler before we went home.  Unfortunately, we got the spinniest Tilt-a-Whirl seat EVER.  (Why couldn't I ever get that one when I was 12 and WANTED to spin really fast?!) It seriously would NOT STOP TWIRLING!  I was literally praying for it to end, and FINALLY it did.  I was SO SICK.  Jackie took the kids on the Scrambler and we headed for home.  I spent the entire drive home HOPING that I could make it there before tossing my cookies, and FORTUNATELY I did.  Barely.  Randall and I spent the entire night taking turns hurling in the bathroom.  The good news is, none of the kids ever threw up.  Cameron and Meleah were also sick, but managed to hold it down (thank goodness). 




My girls' last ride on the boats because they'll be too tall next year.  (How is that possible?!)  Good thing they got the pink one! 
 Emma was such a good little baby all day!

We planned to get bounce-back tickets with my family the following Monday, and I admit I was a little less excited about it than I would normally be.  I just kept thinking about how terrible I felt the week before at Lagoon. Fortunately, we were just fine all day, and we had a fantastic time. 



 It was SO hot (over 100 degrees) so we spent a lot of time on this ride getting soaked -
 Even Lydia went with us and she HATES to get wet!



I didn't think to take a picture, but Meleah got stuck on this ride for about 20 minutes -
It was actually kinda funny because she ran to the elephant with the pink collar (which Lydia also wanted) and then it ended up getting stuck at the highest point.  The guy ran it a couple of times trying to fix it, then had everyone else get off and called for help.  They finally got it to lower about a millimeter a minute (and apparently they couldn't take the child out until it was COMPLETELY lowered), so it took quite a while.  Funny little memory. 

Side Note:  What the heck is Cameron doing?!  I'm not used to having a kid that has to be told REPEATEDLY to keep their hands and legs inside, stay seated, etc.!  Oy.






 These crazy boys rode the Sky Coaster at the end of the night. My other pics are just a white dot in the black sky, so I'm not gonna bother posting them. 
Favorite Ride
Carter - "The Go Carts!"
Lydia - "The train."
Meleah - "Bombora! Can we go on that first next year?!  My second favorite was the TIDAL WAVE."
Cameron - "The Octopus one with the sharks and dolphins." (Odysea)
Savanna- She was pretty happy on all the rides we put her on, but I'm going to say the Merry-Go-Round and the boats.

We had tons of fun (despite the stomach flu, and that dang Tilt-a-Whirl), and can't wait to go back again next year! 

No comments: