Thursday, July 25, 2013

Savanna Smiles

I've encountered LOTS of different "smiles" while taking pictures these last few years- 
 The psycho smile
 The scrunchy nose smile
 

The blinking smile
The smash your face into a window smile

 
"The sun's in my eyes" smile
 The duck face smile
The "I'm playing with Mom's camera" smile
 
The sleepy smile
 
 The silly face smile
 
 The extra cheesy smile
 
The "Don't I look handsome?" smile
 The "I think this pose is cool, so I'm going to do it evey. single. time. my Mom takes my picture" smile
 

The "Pretend to be sleeping WHILE doing favorite pose" smile


The "I'm too old for this ride" smile
The "Seriously, I'm so dang handsome" smile 
also known as the "You just woke me up with your camera flash" smile
 
Savanna has recently developed the most interesting "smile" of them all -  
For some reason she's decided that in order to smile, your eyes must be at least partially closed (which is apparently not too easy for a 2 year old to do).
She's found that it sometimes helps to poke herself in the eye to ensure that they remain closed until the picture is taken-




She's obviously taking after this guy -
After much discussion, I have FINALLY helped her to understand that I DO NOT want her to close her eyes in every picture.  Now when I pull out the camera, she automatically starts to do her usual eyes-closed grimace, then stops and whispers to herself, "Oh yeah, no smile" and proceeds to smile in an adorable fashion.

2 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

Oh man! Ben and I just laughed out loud at this post. Ben really enjoyed Randall's mullet lol. Such cute kids you have.

Kim said...

Hilarious. I especially enjoyed the "psycho smile". hahahaha