My sweet little Emma is 6 months old.
6 MONTHS OLD!
I'm really trying to enjoy every moment since she's most likely my last. But I've found that in doing so, I'm kinda making myself miserable. I keep saying things like "this is my last tiny baby...last one month old baby...last fully nursing baby," etc. to ensure that I appreciate every. single. moment., but the constant reminders are a little bit depressing. How do I give special attention to the moment, without highlighting the finality of it all? What a conundrum.Well anyway, my little cutie patootie is six months old now, and she's just as adorable as ever. She's my little hummingbird, because she's constantly making humming noises. Not singing-humming, just a hmmm-mmm-mmmm sound. She makes it when she's happy/laughing, and also when she's starting to get upset. It can be a little confusing until she starts full-on crying, and then I know what's going on. She's doing all kids of cute things...blowing raspberries all day, rolling that chubby little body of hers all over the place, biting Mommy with her two little bottom teeth (got them at 5 months like Lydia), letting out high pitched happy squeels at restaurants and church, scarfing down graham crackers like there's no tomorrow, and pursuing a never-ending quest of seeing, touching, and yes, tasting absolutely anything and everthing that she can find.
For being my smallest baby she sure looks like a chubby little munchkin. It's all in the CHEEKS! In fact, if the word "cheeks" didn't bring to mind two different things, I would probably make it her nickname.
They always like Mommy WAY more than Daddy until they grow up and discover that Mommy's the mean one that makes them do their chores, finish their homework, get to bed on time... Then Daddy becomes the hero.
So tiny! I bet she couldn't even fit in that little bucket thingy anymore!
Her hair Au Naturale -
Emma loves her swing. She actually even takes all her naps and sleeps through the night in it. Well, at least she USED TO sleep through the night a couple of months ago, but then she stopped for some reason and is now waking up in the middle of the night and joining us in bed. Oh well. Let them be little, right?
Savanna always makes sure she has some entertainment while she's in her swing -
Emma is such an active little thing. Constantly kicking, squirming, rolling, and all the while making farting noises. It's pretty impressive. As you can see she's not much of a smile-er. She will flash a small smile every once in a while, but you better have a fast camera or you're going to miss it. Even though she doesn't do the big, open-mouthed, grin-whenever-someone-looks-at-her smiles, she's still a very content baby.
All that crazy kicking makes for an exciting bath time!
First pony tail -
At this stage, I had to hold her hands down if I ever wanted a picture without her chewing on them!Emma is OBSESSED with her feet. I remember trying and trying to get Lydia to grab her feet (because it was a milestone Kids On the Move wanted to cross off), but she was never interested. Not a problem with this one.
She also is ALWAYS sucking in her bottom lip. I'm actually surprised how many pics I found with her lip OUT, because until she got her bottom teeth, it was constantly in there!
Lip in and playing with the feet again!
Looks like someone's been spending lots of time playing with her brothers!
In case you couldn't tell, that was a Jedi robe that's just a few sizes too large. ;)
You probably won't be surprised to hear that she's a really good eater-
As you can see we've been having SO MUCH fun with our little Emma baby. She's SO sweet, and even though it makes me sad to see her grow up, it's awesome to start seeing her little personality come out. Love, Love, Love you Emma!





1 comment:
Oh she is so stinking cute!
Post a Comment