Friday, August 9, 2013

"Da Red Bwankie"

My kids are OBSESSED with this beautiful red quilt that my Grandma Jensen gave me for my High School graduation.  They fight over it ALL THE TIME.  We have at least 50 - 60 "blankies" in this house (Not. Even. Kidding.) and yet they all want the one that's completely falling apart.  I can't blame them, though.  It IS an AWESOME blanket.  And Grandma would want it to be used, and not stored in some closet. (Safe from all destructive children.) So, I guess I'll let my kids snuggle up in it's warmth and tell them that it's like they're getting a hug from my sweet Grandma Jensen.  I would LOVE  to have another warm hug from her right now... I guess I'd better go get in on all that fighting!

2 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

That's so sweet Candice. Count yourself lucky because Ben never got a blanket. How fun to have something she made for you and your kids to snuggle in.

Ben and Taryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.