Carter looks pretty happy considering that he kept saying today is "the worst day of his life."
I had to take several of this shot because Carter kept making silly faces
like this -
and this -
Aside from the massive trip on thin air and fall on my face with my camera shooting 10 feet out in front of me that I performed this morning, I'd say first day drop off went pretty well. Emma slept in so I could use 2 arms to get everyone ready, it took me less than 5 minutes to convince Meleah that we had to do SOMETHING with her hair (rather than just leave it "long and blonde"), the little ones didn't cry after we dropped them off.... And fortunately, my fall was actually better than it could have been. I just suffered a skinned knee and one Dad laughing out loud at me (can't blame him, because I would have been laughing too). Everyone else was kind enough to pretend that they didn't see me. PLUS my camera still works. Not too shabby.
None of Carter's previous girlfriends are in his class, so it will be interesting to see who he has a crush on this year. Also, don't look too closely but I CUT HIS HAIR myself! As a public service announcement, I'd like to say that it's NOT a good idea to head out at 6:45 pm to take your son to get his hair cut on the day before school starts. You will be told at 3 different locations that they are not taking any more clients because they are booked for the day. Just so you know. Apparently I am not the only procrastinator in the world.
It may not be perfect, but I do think it's a slight improvement from this -
This is a picture from when Carter brought me breakfast in bed that he made all by himself a couple of weeks ago. He made eggs with cheese and bacon bits (Not a single shell, and bounce off the walls rubbery - just how I like them.), along with yogurt. He even brought me a baby spoon because that's how I like to eat yogurt and pudding. And it was all done and delivered at ten to seven...during sleep-in summer. It was very sweet. ;)Meleah was so excited after the "Meet Your Teacher" yesterday that she wanted to go to bed right away so that tomorrow would come sooner. That's why I was a little surprised to see these slightly teary eyes when it was time to line up. I think she was just a little overwhelmed, but I'm sure she'll be fine this afternoon.
I don't know if it's cause my little Meleah was a bit sad or what, but I am SO bummed out right now. I remember DREADING the first day of school last year, but when it came I actually appreciated how peaceful my house was. Of course, I was also in my morning sick pregnancy phase so the kids were totally bored all summer, and at each other's throats. This year I've been able to keep them pretty busy with parks, play dates, camping, etc. so the fighting has been pretty minimal. I just seriously can't believe how fast the summer flew by! Hopefully the school year will be just as fast and it will be summer again before we know it!
2 comments:
Oh man Candice, when did our kids get so big?!?! And I may have chuckled a little when you said you tripped and fell, how do those things always seem to happen to you? Hope you are okay and that the kids have a great first day!
Being the mom, I'm not going to chuckle about your fall. I'm glad your camera is OK, but I have a feeling you will be feeling the effects of that fall for a few days. It does make the day memorable though. Meleah is just a real home lover. She will probably always be more happy at home. I totally agree with that sentimentality. They all look SO CUTE! But even more, they are just wonderful people. Lucky are the teachers and students that get to be in class with them. Hope you have a really fun school year, my babies!! LOVE YOU TONS!!
Post a Comment