Vernon Reservoir
Randall threw together a day trip to Vernon Reservoir pretty much as soon as the snow melted. I stayed home with Emma and Savanna, and they picked up Grandpa Stewart and headed for the lake. Unfortunately, they got skunked, but everyone had a good time anyway.
Sunday Drive up American Fork Canyon
In our quest to find new fishing/camping spots, we explored American Fork canyon one Sunday afternoon. I have to say, I did NOT enjoy the drive up to Silver Lake. The view was AMAZING, I'm just not a fan of NARROW dirt roads with EXTREMELY STEEP dropoffs. Especially since there were a TON of cars going up and down and there wasn't really enough space for two cars to pass each other. My stomach muscles seriously hurt afterwards from being clenched the entire time. (Apparently I still have a stomach muscle or two after having 6 kids. I wasn't sure.) I DID really enjoy our picnic by the creek however, and so did the kids.
Payson Lakes Camping Trip with Grandpa and Grandma Stewart
The late sleepers.
This is a picture of Jill saying, "This better not end up on your blog!" ;) Love you Jill!
This is a picture of Jill saying, "This better not end up on your blog!" ;) Love you Jill!
The kids loved making flower bouquets -
gathering and breaking up wood for the fire -
going on "hikes" -
(Is it still considered a hike when you have to stay within viewing distance of the firepit?)
(Is it still considered a hike when you have to stay within viewing distance of the firepit?)
and of course, FISHING! -
Meleah caught the biggest fish of the day with the good ol' Dora pole. You can kind of see it straining in this picture -
She was very happy to pose with it, but she did NOT want it to touch her.
However, by the time she caught her second one, she was apparently okay with all the wiggly sliminess -
Carter requested that I take this "explorer" shot. Gotta love it. -
Savanna and Cameron didn't end up catching anything that day. That's quite possibly because they were bored after 12 seconds of holding the pole, and chose to wander around and eat snacks instead.
Emma and her ususal suckin'-in-her-bottom-lip face -
Randall's proof that our whole family DOES fit in his truck. Savanna was a little tired after fishing. Can you tell? - There were TONS of these beautiful yellow flowers EVERYWHERE up there. It was GORGEOUS!
Manti Campground Trip #1 -
I wanted to take Randall camping for his Birthday this year, but it was still pretty dang cold and most of our favorite campsites were closed. So we came up with a compromise that we would swap Birthdays. We'd go to the Anniversary Inn for his Birthday (my favorite thing), and go camping for my Birthday (his favorite thing). We decided to go to the Manti Campground that we've gone to with my family a few times, and we brought Bob, Jill, Jackie, Casey, and their kids with us. It was LOTS of fun. My kids LOVE the playground and the pool that they have there. (Even though the "heated" pool is always FREEZING!) I didn't take any pics at the pool, but as you can see, I took PLENTY at the playground! ;)
This is also the trip where Savanna decided to wander off in the middle of the night. I guess it's good that the campground is fenced in!
Bob and Jill are SO sweet. They brought me one of Bob's famous home made chocolate cakes for my Birthday. It was DELICIOUS as usual. I'm pretty sure Bob got the numbers of my age backwards though... ;)
We also took them to our favorite fishing spot up Fairview Canyon -
Savanna's first fish! She LOVED catching it, but wasn't too thrilled about getting close once it was out of the water.
Manti Trip #2 - Stewart Family Campout
Since we had so much fun in Manti the first time, we decided to plan another trip and bring more of Randall's family. I wish I would have taken more pictures, but we had a GREAT time!
We managed to squeeze the massive baby swing in with all of our stuff, and I'm SO glad we did. It made this trip and the cabin trip SO MUCH BETTER!
Lydia's favorite place to be - with "Buster." (His name is really Rex, but every time Savanna sees him she yells "Buuuussss-ter!)
Cabin Week 2013
We were SO lucky to be able to spend a whole week up at the cabin this year. We ended up going straight there after our Stewart family trip in Manti, so we were camping for 10 DAYS IN A ROW. I admit that I was ready to go home to my bed and my shower once it was over, but we had a BLAST!
Randall's favorite thing to do at the cabin is fishing or reading, mine is playing games... We didn't spend much time together that week!Savanna after throwing a fit because Dad pulled her away from the lake so that she wouldn't fall in while he unhooked her fish. Don't ask me what Cameron's doing, because I don't have a clue.
She was really happy reeling in the fish before Mean Old Dad had to go and ruin everything.
Randall went "man fishing" almost every day, but we only took the kids this one time. Carter didn't even come because he wanted to stay back and play with his cousins at the cabin. I was worried that it would get dark before everyone could catch a fish, but we were only there for about an hour and everyone caught one. Best fishing spot ever!
I told Lydia that Dad would take her up to the rock one time, and one time only this year. I'm too afraid for her (and Randall's) safety to let them go up and down that steep hill every day. She was SO excited when it was finally time.
It's hard to see, but my cute little Savanna baby got attacked by some wasps or something. She had a bump under her eye and several "owies" on her pinkie. It swelled up big time. Fortunately an ice pack, and Tara's oils made it go down pretty quick, and she woke up from her nap ready to play.
Emma had PLENTY of cute little kiddos that were willing to entertain her all day.
My kids obviously didn't inherit my aversion to dirt.
I don't know what she was begging Grandma for, but this is definitely her "Please! Please! Please!" pose. My guess is gum.
We made the kids dinosaur grilled cheese one of the days. They loved them! We told them that the crusts were dinosaur bones. I guess they thought that was pretty awesome because the "bones" were gone before the sandwiches!
"Fa-ther Abraham, had seven sons. Seven sons had Faa-ther Abraham!"
Magic Potion!
This doesn't seem like the best picture since Cam's not facing the camera, but it kinda captures his adorable, bouncy, flexed arms, tight-fisted run. I love it!
We've had SO much fun in the great outdoors this summer. I've been able to endure all the dirt, and even enjoy the tent camping. It WAS a lot of work, but totally worth it to make memories that will last a lifetime.










No comments:
Post a Comment