Monday, September 9, 2013

More Summer Stuff

Swim Lessons
Carter, Lydia, and Meleah earned enough "points" to buy their own swimming lessons in July.  (LOVE my new chore chart/points program!)  They were held in someone's back yard, and we all LOVED it!  It's A LOT easier to take Lydia when I don't have to walk her all the way through the Rec Center's slippery wet floors (especially dangerous with canes), change her in the yucky slimy bathrooms, etc. 
The one downside is Carter and the girls classes weren't at the same time like at the Rec Center, but who minds relaxing by the pool on a warm summer morning?  Not me!  Kinda made me want to put a pool in my backyard... if only I would be able to use it more than 3 months of the year.
Even Emma didn't mind hangin' by the pool every day.  She was a little angel the whole time.
Meleah was the Queen of the class, and did AWESOME at everything. 
Lydia was a little more apprehensive...
but by the end of the week she went down the slide AND off the diving board!  I was so proud, and VERY impressed with their teachers.  To go from prying Lydia's fingers off the edge of the pool at the beginning of the week, to diving into the deep end by the end is pretty impressive. 
Carter LOVED it and was totally fearless.  If it wasn't so far away, I would sign him up for swim lessons year round. 
Alpine Splash Park
Bob and Jill watched Cameron and Savanna most of the days that we had swim lessons (Thank goodness!), but I brought them with us one of the days so that we could go to the Alpine Splash Park afterwards.  It was a little tricky getting the littles to be patient and not jump into the pool while the older kids had lessons, but everyone had a blast at the splash pad.
 Emma's first taste of watermelon.  I think she likes it!
 I KNOW Savanna does!
 Even Emma got to put her cute little toesies in the water for a while.
After the Splash pad we headed to Provo to get Lydia 's legs casted for her new braces.  Her doctor was nice enough to let Meleah help him.  She did a great job!
 We finished off our CRAZY day at Costa Vida for dinner. 
Our Traditional 24th of July at the Clements' House
 Traditional water balloon volleyball -
 Traditional happy toddler with enormous water balloon...
Traditional not quite so happy, and slightly wet toddler WITHOUT a water balloon -
 
 and Traditional AWESOME fireworks show!
Camp Jeremiah Johnson
Both Lydia and Carter were able to go to Camp Jeremiah Johnson with Acitvity Days and Scouts this summer.  I went with Lydia's group, and we had a blast!

I didn't go with Carter, but fortunately his leaders posted lots of pictures for me -
 

Sleepover/Baptism/Wedding
We had an EXTREMELY busy weekend in the beginning of August.  Randall took the boys to the Father/Son campout for our ward and we girls spent the night at Jana's house.  Then the next day, Randall took the boys to Chaston's baptism, and the girls and I went to Jayden's baptism and my cousin Shay's wedding.  It was CRAZY, but fun.  I had to leave the wedding a little earlier than I would have liked because I had this weird neck muscle spasm thing going on, but it was still awesome to see my family and beautiful cousin Shay.  Unfortunately, Randall didn't take any pictures, but here are some shots of what the girls and I were up to -
The girls LOVED the sleepover at Jana's and actually slept really well. 
As I've said previously, this girl does NOT smile easily, but she was so happy sitting with her cousin Stryder -
It was a bummer that I couldn't see both of my adorable nephews get baptized, but I guess that's just how it goes when you have 6 nieces and nephews (PLUS a daughter), all in the same school year. 
(Luckily I snapped this picture of Chaz in his suit for Jenny a few weeks before the baptism, so I still have a pic of him lookin' all snazzy even though Randall didn't take any!)
These two cuties loved to dance to the music at the wedding -
This picture is perfect, because Meleah has always LOVED to be with her Aunt Jana.  (And I don't think it's just because she gives her gum.) ;) 
 

Fashion Show With Cousins
We had Cari's kids over so that she could go on a date for her Birthday, and the girls had a blast dressing up and putting on a fashion show.  The boys were also having a blast playing video games (and pretending to watch the fashion show), but I didn't think to take a picture of them, dang it! 
Thunderstorm Watching
We've had quite a few fun thunder/hail storms this summer so we've been spending lots of time watching all the action on the front porch...or even out in the rain.
I'm pretty sure this is my last summer post.  Hallelujah!  (So sick of uploading photos, I could just die!)  ;)  This summer was seriously AWESOME!  I really feel like we made the most of it.  And now, bring on the holidays! (But not the snow... Unless it's Christmas Day... But that might be difficult for families traveling to Christmas parties... Maybe it could snow two days before Christmas, but be cold enough to make it last through the holiday...?) 

No comments: