Randall had a small cyst on his cheek removed the year that we got married, and it has slowly been growing back ever since. We finally decided to have it removed again, and it was a bit of an ordeal.
Last time the other Dr. just opened it up, removed the cyst, put on a little bandaid, and was done in about 5 minutes. Well, this time there was apparently a lot more tugging, pulling, cauterizing, and who knows what else to make sure the dang thing didn't come back again. I felt bad that I didn't go with him once I heard that it was a little bit traumatizing, but Randall said he didn't really need me passed out on the floor or over on the sidelines breathing heavy to prevent puking to add to his stress. ;) I almost passed out just watching him pull out the foot long piece of gauze the doctor left in there to prevent infection! (Seriously, DISGUSTING!) Anyway, the pictures really don't do it justice but his face swelled up SO HUGE on one side. I have to admit that it was pretty hilarious. My favorite part was how the swelling pushed down one side of his lip, making him look a bit stroke-patient-esque.
The REALLY funny thing is that we had Stewart family pictures 2 days after the procedure. Our nephew Conner is going on his mission in a couple of weeks so Jill wanted to get pictures taken before he leaves. We were worried about finding a bandaid that didn't show up too much in the pictures. Little did we know that that would be the LEAST of our problems! To add to the hilarity, Savanna apparently found a black marker somewhere in their room in the middle of the night and came down looking like this the morning of the pictures -
This was actually after I had already started to remove it. I was able to get it MOSTLY off... AND then my children proceeded to play at the park before the pictures were taken. Apparently to them "Do NOT get dirty AT ALL!" means jump in mud puddles and basically roll around in a big pile of dirt while wearing your Sunday best. I have yet to see the pics, but needles to say, my expectations are NOT high. ;)
p.s. Randall is doing much better now, and is almost completely back to his usual adorably handsome self.
Eggs eggs eggs
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment