Saturday, November 17, 2012

SNOW!

It seems like a really long time coming (since we pretty much didn't get ANY snow last year), but my kids FINALLY got the snow day they've been dreaming of.  I can't believe I have kids that are old enough to build ginormous snow men and snow forts all by themselves!  (I did help them a little...)
Unfortunately, Lydia was still not allowed to walk, but she contributed some big snowballs for Carter's fort and Meleah's snowman, and also made a "heart mountain."
It's hard to see, but Cameron made his very own snowman.  He rolled a bunch of huge snowballs earlier that he gave to Carter to build his snow fort, but by the time he decided to make a snowman, the snow was pretty much used up.

Teamwork!
Savanna had lots of fun, aside from the few times that she fell down and had to be rescued.  She didn't want to touch the snow to help herself get up (since she took her gloves off immediately after I put them on) so she had to just lay there crying until someone came to help her. 
 Carter was working so hard that he had to take his coat off to cool down! 
 Carter's snow fort -
 Meleah's snow man, complete with snowball eyes, carrot nose, and stick mouth.
2012
Meleah's is our biggest family snowman to date BY FAR.
2010   
 Can you even see the snowman in the picture above?
2008
Lydia's heart mountain -

 Why do I think this angle is just as cute as the one above?
In the past I've spent 30 minutes getting the kids dressed warm, after which they'd play for 15 minutes, get cold, then come back inside.  This year they played for HOURS.  It was so fun. 
 We finished off our snow day with TWO cups of delicious hot chocolate. 
 
A few days later...
 
Cameron:  My snowman melted!  I miss him.  I named him Carrot.
 
Meleah:  I named my snowman Mr. Snowman.
 
Cameron:  Just kidding!  I named MINE Mr. Snowman. 
 
Meleah:  NO!  That's MY snowman's name!  How bout you name yours Mrs. Snowman?
 
Cameron:  No!  That's a way-dy (lady)!  Mine has a BOY name.  I sink (think) I'll name him Snow. 
 
THE END

1 comment:

Connie and Rob said...

Boy but would Grandma have liked to be there that day! It looks like a lot of fun!! Great job with the snow everybody!! Love you tons!!!