I have SO many things to blog about, but I haven't done it because-
1. Randall got a new job (Yay!) so I've had tons of doctor and dentist appointments to set up/go to before our insurance changes.
2. I had my gallbladder removed - which is much less exciting than having a baby removed...just so ya know.
3. We've been busy with all kinds of fun family activities like Seven Peaks, movies, Birthday Parties, backyard campouts, and Lagoon.
And the most annoying reason -
4. Cameron broke the space bar on my laptop, which makes typing ANYTHING pretty frustrating.
Well, my replacement spacebar won't be here for another week, and this whole "recovering from surgery" thing is boring me out of my mind, so I'm going to blog. The first post on the list:
ELLY JELLY IS 4!
My little Meleah turned 4 in May. As usual my life was crazy at that time with it being the end of the school year and all, but we managed to throw together a couple of family parties and a quick trip to Chuckie Cheese with some friends. We combined Dalton and Meleah's parties again so Laura and I put our heads together to come up with a gender neutral treasure map cake complete with Lego pirates AND mermaids. We had tons of fun at all of the parties and Meleah scored some Moon Dough, a baby highchair, a dress, My Little Ponies, dress-ups, hair bows, a stuffed kitty...
Meleah loves to express herself through her wardrobe, and since it's summer I've been letting her choose her own ensemble most of the time. These are some of my favorites -
Love the model pose on this one -
No one can tell this girl she doesn't match -
What's more adorable than the sideways head tilt?
As you can see she likes A LOT of layers, skirts or dresses with leggings, and socks pulled all the way up. She loves jewelry, "hair pretties," lip gloss, anything with "sparkles," playing house, and taking care of her baby sister. She's also shown some creativity in home decor. It's amazing what a princess sticker will do to jazz up some boring old sconces.
Peeling paint is much more fun than napping. (Use primer people!)
So much for my "kid-friendly" design ideas. I avoided lamps and knick-knacks within the kid's reach so that I wouldn't have to worry about them destroying anything. Ha! Lydia's side still looks perfect, btw.
Funny Phrases:
"When I grow up I'm ALWAYS going to wear high. heels."
"My boogers keep falling out of my nose!"
"Did you find the freakin' wet wipes?"
Favorites:
Color - pink and purple
Food - a plum and oranges and apples and tomatoes
Toy - barbies, baby dolls, and Littlest Petshops
Movie - Tangled
TV Show - Dora when she's a ballerina
Book - Enchanted book
Song - Every single song
Thing to do - eating...actually playing with friends
We love our Meleah Susannie SO much! She is so much fun, and the BIGGEST helper. Happy Birthday sweet girl!
Eggs eggs eggs
3 years ago











2 comments:
She is so cute! Love her outfit choices. Sounds like you have been super busy. Can't wait for you guys to come down here and hang out some more. Hope the recovery is going well and that you are taking it easy. Love you guys and Happy Birthday Meleah!
Hilarious!! So she must get her outfit's from the same shop as Mallory. She loves skirts with pants underneath right now. Hilarious! I guess I won't feel so bad about my kids peeling all of their wallpaper borders off, at least they haven't gone after the paint yet! Silly kids, apparently they don't know what we would have done for a cutely decorated room when we were their age!
Post a Comment