Monday, October 11, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

When I drop Carter off at school, I make a point of saying "I love you" repeatedly. Carter boldly ignores me until I make a sad face.  Then he mumbles a begrudging "I love you too."  Today that was followed by "Stop trying to make me love you!"

"Belle was chasing me all day and I LIKED it."  

"I'm half an adult."

Instead of simply answering my questions, Carter prefers to give me clues -
Mom:  "Who spilled the rice crispies?" 
Carter:  "What is your youngest daughter's name?"

 "I'm gonna marry Heabenly Father."

"When I grow up I'm gonna get big boobs to feed my baby."

"Once shadow shotted London and he died for real life!"  I guess that's why she's afraid of shadows!

"Can I have some jello (aloe) on my sunburn?"  Can I have some jello (gel) in my hair today?"

Meleah thinks that bras are called shoulders (no, I haven't corrected her) so while we were walking through Kohls the other day she exclaimed, "Wow!  Look at all these shoulders!" 

Meleah is very excited for her next Birthday (even though it's not until May), but somehow we went from "On my next Birthday I'm gonna be in preschool/On my next Birthday I'm gonna be 4..." to "On my next Birthday I'm gonna be a Mom." or "On my next Birthday I'm gonna have big, big, big, big, big boobs!"  I sure hope not!

Meleah is afraid of loud noises and has become very adept at covering her ears with her hands.  I'm not just talking about motorcycles, fireworks, and gun ranges.  She covers her ears when Daddy's singing, Mommy's ralphing, Lydia's crying, etc.  In her defense, all those things can be pretty darn loud. 

Every day when I put Meleah down for a nap, I sing her 3 songs (unless she whines, then she only gets 2).  Every day I ask her which songs she would like me to sing, and every day she answers "I Love to See the Temple, The Wheels on the Bus, then The Itsy Bitsy Spider."  Don't even think about mixing them up, either! 


Every morning Cameron brings me my robe, my glasses, and the remote while chanting either "umi umi" (team umizoomi) or "ues gues" (Blues Clues, with accompanying twinkle stars hands).  He then drags his blanket, pillow, and ba-ba in front of the TV and watches while I attempt to go back to sleep. 

Don't make Cameron angry or he'll yell while forcefully sticking his hand out at you (as if he has the force or something).

Cameron is an excellent dancer.  I need to catch it on film, because it's HILARIOUS.  When he gets his hips and shoulders going at the same time, I DIE laughing.

Ever since he was really little Cameron has raised his hand in response to Randall's questions like "Who missed Daddy?", "Who wants ice cream?", etc.  Now he not only raises his hand, but exclaims "Me!"  The funny thing is, he responds exactly the same no matter what the question is.  For example:  "Who has a stinky in his diaper?", "Who wants to go nigh-night?", "Who thinks Daddy is a doo-doo head?"... "Me!"

3 comments:

BreAna said...

haha I hope it's not my London that was caught my the shadow man. lol. I love that maleah wants big boobs. hhahahah

Lindsey said...

I always thought I might get big boobs too, but I almost thirty and no such luck! Funny kids.

Kim said...

Ha ha ha!
Madison calls bras "bodies".
She kept trying to touch my boobs (what there is of them anyway) and I told her not to touch my body because it's special. So now she thinks bras, and boobs are called "bodies." She even put two balls in her shirt and strutted around saying, "My bodies, my bodies."