Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Seriously?!

I officially take back my suggestion that you should expose your most embarrassing moments.  Apparently it jinxes you, and within 24 hours you will have ANOTHER moment to add to your list.  And yet somehow I'm not learning from my experience, and still feel compelled to tell you what happened the day after I wrote my last post.

Sprite Schmrite
After taking Lyddies to the spina bifida clinic at Primary's, I stopped at Smith's to pick up a few groceries.  I don't really like to support my husband's Coke addiction, but I decided to be a nice wife and grab a few two liters.  The Coke was on a small end aisle shelf that slopes forward to keep the other bottles sliding forward after you take one out.  You probably know where this story is going.  As I reached up and pulled out a couple of Cokes I heard a loud bang behind me, followed by a fizzing sound.  I simultaneously felt my legs and behind getting wet and turned to find...DUN...DUN...DUN...a busted open, soda-spraying bottle of Sprite.  I had no clue what to do, but my instincts told me to chase the rolling geyser of stickiness.  The problem with that was, not only had it completely soaked the front of me by the time I finally caught the stupid thing, but I had no idea what to do with it at that point.  I pretty much just sat there holding it until the insanity stopped.  Afterwards a nice, semi-sticky looking sample-giver (who had witnessed the entire thing) came forward and told me that they would take care of it.  I gave her an apologetic "I know I'm an idiot" grimace smile and casually squish-squeaked away to finish my shopping (while attempting to avoid the 30 ft radius of Sprite splattered floor and merchandise).  The funniest part of it all was seeing Lydia "run" away, walker in tow.  She sustained a pretty good splatter on her backside as she high-tailed it out of there, but still looked pretty good walking next to her completely drenched mother.

I also remembered another experience that I'm not sure my Mom will find funny since it scared the living crap out of her (Sorry for using the c-word Mom), but it's definitely Most Embarrassing Moments List-worthy.  

Sunday School Drop-out
I was visiting my family one weekend while attending SUU (Who am I kidding?  I was "visiting" almost every weekend!) and I went to the gospel doctrine class that my Mom was teaching.  We all were fasting that day for a friend from High School who had been in a horrible accident.  I started feeling a little sick to my stomach so I leaned forward a bit (just picture a more ladylike version of the elbows on your knees/head in your hands position that the men in the ward do all the time.)  Wasn't working.  So I decided I'd better jet to the bathroom or I might really embarrass myself.  About two steps into my journey I lost my vision, but wasn't too concerned because I knew the church like the back of my hand.  Unfortunately, half a step later I lost control of my body and could hear all the people in the room gasp as I fell to the floor.  I didn't feel like I was ever really "out"  but I must have been for a minute or else the men in the ward have super-human powers and can get clear across a crowded room in less than a second.  They helped me into another room and gave me a warm piece of chocolate that had apparently been in someone's pocket (ew).   After a few minutes, my body stopped shaking and I was just fine.  I have since learned to sit down immediately when I start to black out...a fact that my husband still teases me about to this day.  More specifically our third date when I sat down suddenly in the busy path in front of the Venice beach shops.  He didn't know what the heck I was doing, but still kept dating me so I guess it all worked out in the end.

6 comments:

BreAna said...

haha, i love it. That is way to funny.

Rheanna said...

Terrible stories...but you are an awesome storyteller! I feel like I was there! Maybe next time :o)

Sarah said...

Oh no! What will become of me!

Marion said...

That stinks! I wish I could have seen Lydia run away :)

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I love that your daughter is already embarrassed by you.

(and be glad I didn't see you - I would have been totally laughing!)

Tiffany said...

HELLO..... I didn't know you were a blogger?

I needed a good laugh this afternoon and the Sprite story was PERFECT!