My little Cameron just turned 1 on January 7th, and I'm finally getting around to posting about it.
Tara made cakes for Kayleigh and Cameron while my Mom was still in town for Christmas. Aren't they cute? They were also DELICIOUS!
I used the leftover marshmallow fondant to make cupcakes when we got together with Randall's side on his actual birthday. My kids LOVED helping me decorate them. I bet you can't tell which ones I made and which ones the kids did! (I don't know if I'm complimenting the kids, or insulting myself with that last comment.) Ü
nu=3274)993)392)WSNRCG=33+23665%28932%28nu0mrj.jpeg)
The cousins liked how the fondant made their tongues turn colors.
Cameron wasn't too afraid to dig right into his cake.
nu=3274)993)392)WSNRCG=33+236666632%28nu0mrj.jpeg)
I'm pretty sure he's my messiest kid so far, which is kinda sad considering this is the end result.
He received lots of fun gifts...

and played with TONS of fun cousins!
Cameron is in such a cute phase right now. He pretty much can walk, he just prefers to crawl. Grandpa Bob is determined to get him walking, but for now Cameron's just content standing nice and tall while clapping his hands and looking around for praise...then carefully lowering to his knees and taking off. He's been standing up in the middle of the floor without any assistance (no chairs/tables for him to pull himself up with) for a really long time now but he's just recently figured out how to lower himself to his knees rather than just crashing to the floor.
He also has a really funny laugh that he does all the time. I wish I could describe it better, but it's just a really long, somewhat deep aaaa haaaaa sound that is just HILARIOUS! It almost sounds like he's trying to impersonate our laughs instead of just having the usual baby giggle. He especially likes to do it when his brothers and sisters are entertaining him or when we're watching America's Funniest Home Videos.
We always seem to come up with some sort of a nickname for our kids and for some reason we call him Cameronian. I have no idea who came up with it, but I love it when I hear Meleah call him "Cam-ern-on-i-an." It's just so cute! We also call him Cam on occasion.
Cameron is very similar to Meleah in nature. He's very busy, determined, and curious. It's very rare to see him sitting in one spot for more than ten seconds unless he's playing with something that he thinks is very cool. The cool item doesn't even have to be wildly entertaining with lots of bells and whistles. He just latches on to things sometimes (one day it was a pez dispenser) and then he hauls it around with him all day.
Cameron also has a thing for Grandpa Bob. Now that he's discovered how to go up and down the stairs safely (it only took FIVE trips down the stairs the unsafe way to teach him), poor Bob just can't get a moment to himself. He'd much rather be with Bob than me, which is a little hurtful I'm not gonna lie. I mean, I've spent the last year nursing him, changing his diapers, and waking up every two hours at night to soothe him back to sleep. Not to mention the nine nauseating, back-breaking months that I carried him in my womb. I can't complain though, because Randall's the one that should really be upset. Cameron calls Bob "Da."
I just want to write down all the cute little things that he does lately so that I'll never forget...like holding out his little chubby upturned hand when he wants something, or pulling his sister's hair over and over to hear their high-pitched reactions...but in an effort to get to bed before he wakes up, I'm going to just say that I'm so blessed to have such a fun little guy to chase around every day.






5 comments:
I hear you are coming down again in the near future?! When can I expect you??? This time maybe we will all be well and can play a little bit longer!
Happy Late Birthday Cam! We love you.
Happy Birthday Cameron! He is so cute Candice. What did you ever do with Meleah's hair? I want pictures if you cut it :)
What a cutie!
Anytime mine would stand up I'd knock 'em down, followed by a "Where do you think you're going? You've got nowhere to be."
Once they're walking life is so over. But you already know that...
Candice, you are so talented! Those cakes look awesome. I second what Linds said, come down again! I missed you last time, and I want to see you.
Post a Comment