I originally thought that the only victims of the heinous crime were poor Hannah Montana Barbie and brand new Barbie Loves to Ride Her Bike. Yes, I know...I need a new camera.

But upon further inspection I found this...
I made an appointment to have her hair fixed IMMEDIATELY, which was unfortunately canceled. I then took a moment to think about it and an image came into my mind... Pretty sad that my scanned picture from 1985 is more clear than the stinkin' pics I just took yesterday!
Do I really want to re-create this? My brother Steve cut me a cow-lick(?) when I was a little girl (I would NEVER have done such a naughty thing) and this is what my mother was forced to do to "fix" it. I decided to experiment a little bit and came up with this...
I would probably have to do this exact style every day for MONTHS, but is it worth it? Unfortunately, a couple of hours later it looked like this...
In her defense, she just finished throwing a massive tantrum minutes before I took this picture, which is part of the reason why she looks so tore-up tired. Right now I'm just grateful that she doesn't look like this...

I found this random picture online when I was googling haircut ideas for little girls that chopped their own hair.
Ever since the incident, whenever I mention pretties, brushing, or anything that has to do with hair, Meleah promptly says "I not cut my hair anymore, Mom." That would be quite comforting if she didn't have the same response about eating my lipgloss, because I just found her slurping down my last tube of Victoria Secret Beauty Rush two days ago. (I know... DISGUSTING!) So, now I have to decide. Shall I work with what I've got? Shall I chop it all off (if for nothing else than to stop Randall from calling her mullet-eah)? And while I'm asking...does anyone know where I can find an affordable camera that takes great pictures and lasts for more than 3 years?





8 comments:
Oh wow!!! LOL!!! Her first picture after the crime is a little mugshot-ish. I like the cutting it short and grow it back out idea. Short hair is so much easier to deal with in my opinion. Well thanks for the laughs and good luck with Mullet-eah LOL! :)
That is hillarious! Sorry, but it is...until it happens to me. And I guarantee it will with Macie at some point! I think I would cut it short too.
Hehehehe. Sorry, it is so much funnier when it happens to someone else than yourself. I think I'm the one it has happened to most so I had no idea!! I must admit I love the nickname, unfortunately Olivia didn't go with mullet as well as Meleah's does. Well, as far as what to do now...I'd cut it. Even if you have some hairstyle that can hide it, it really is a pain to keep that up. Olivia's can only be hidden by a very large flower clip placed in just the right place, it's a royal pain.
Mullet-eah?! Ha Ha Ha
You should ask Kristin Cable about her girls (both of them ended up shaved.)
Maybe it will make you feel better.
(and just because you
may have to cut it short, it doesn't mean you have to torture it with a curling iron like your mom did.)
Good Luck
I'm sorry Candice, but I think you are going to have to cut it short. There are so many cute short hair cuts these days. I don't think your's was done with a curling iron. I think it was sleeping in sponge rollers. The straight cuts of today are much easier. Cuter? I don't know - I really love that picture of you. :)
I'm so glad I have boys! And everyone of them have cut their hair and had to be buzzed. Sierra must have known better. And by that I mean she was too busy getting into other things...
If it makes you feel better Brendan took a pair of scissors to his left eyebrow this morning. Again. Cutting the hair on his head is a weekly offense.
Cut it off!
Oh. It's so sad when that happens. Cut it short. MaryAnne saved the day when Amy was trying to cut her own ponytail band out of her hair and cut a huge chunk of hair off at the crown (she was six).
I loved the post, and the comments I might add. About the camera, I have really enjoyed mine...of course I am aware that I am the idiot who advised you to buy the Kodak :). To be fair though, I really loved my camera those first couple of years :). So I suppose you'll want to wait a few years before you take my advice. It's a Nikon p90 FYI. It was 280 at costco, but that was with 100 bucks off. But it wasn't an after thanksgiving sale, so maybe they'll go for that again. Or you could save 100 and buy cari's model.
Post a Comment