Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Elly Jelly is TWO!

Once again, I'm posting late. This time because I was MOVING. We're all settled in now, so I can tell everyone about my little Meleah Susannie's Birthday. Usually it seems crazy to me that my kids are turning a year older, but it's really quite weird to me that Meleah is only just now turning two. She has already developed many characteristics that I haven't seen from my other children until they are older, if ever. For example, she's potty trained YAY and she has learned at least five different ways to inflict pain upon another human being BOO. She has become quite adept at hitting and pulling hair, and has now added pinching and eye-poking (yes, she has truly poked other children in the eyes on more than one occassion.) She's constantly saying "Me'ya do it." It sounds so cute when she says it, so I haven't been able to make myself tell her that using the first person is SO 1998.

Even though she is definitely my strongest-willed child so far, she is so much fun to be around. I could just watch her run around the house in her little bull-legged way all day. She loves to be Mommy's helper and usually responds to my requests with an "Otay!" We did a combined Dora/Diego costume Birthday party for Meleah and Dalton with my side over Memorial Day weekend, and we had another party with Randall's family on her actual Birthday. Both celebrations were tons of fun, of course. Meleah was given some cute clothes, a Dora doll, some Dora color and water books, a Barbie car so that she doesn't have to steal share Lydia's, a cute stuffed cow, a "Rella" cell phone, and some McDonalds money. As usual, I provided the supplies for the cake, and Laura used her artistic abilities to create it. My family's Birthday season is officially over. Wahoo!

5 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

I'm so jealous that she is potty trained. Soren will be 3 in a few weeks and we are barely starting things but he doesn't quite get it. Happy Birthday Meleah!

BreAna said...

now wait a minute. We weren't invited to the party? haha jk. I understand you were crazy busy.

Lindsey said...

She is a little smarty pants huh? I wish I could pawn cake making off on one of my sisters!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cutie!

And WHAT? You moved?

Chelsea said...

Hey Candice, Jen Allen needs to get a hold of Randall. She's not sure how to contact you now that you have moved.