Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Carter!

Well, the highly anticipated day has now come and gone. My little Carter-Cutie is now 6 years old. Carter has been informing me all month that it is his "special day." Especially when I would tell him he couldn't do something. When it finally was his "special day" I did let him plan out the day's events and boss everyone around. The meals he chose were:





"The Biggest Breakfast Ever"-
Pancakes (He chose the biggest AND the smallest one)
Raspberry Yogurt
Toast?
Apple Juice

Lunch -
He would have chosen squiggly noodles...but we were out, so he chose:
"Cheesy Quesadillas" made with corn tortillas. NO sour cream!
An Apple, not cut, because he wanted it to help get his loose tooth out.

Dinner -
Spaghetti with no onions, mushrooms, or tomato chunks.
Salad

I think his favorite part about choosing the menu was that he got to help make everything. He's a great helper and he loves to mix, measure, and pour things.

We celebrated Carter's Birthday a little early because my Mom and Rachel were in town. He wanted a Millennium Falcon cake, and this is what we came up with. Steve had the brilliant idea to make it out of cupcakes, and Laura did all the detail work. I know...I know...I'm always pawning off the hard stuff, but I think I did a great job slathering the cupcakes with purple metallic gray frosting! I didn't take any pictures of him opening his presents at that party or at Grandma and Grandpa Stewart's on his actual Birthday, but Carter scored some much needed clothes (How do they wear through the knees of their jeans SO fast?), lots of activity books and markers, Spongebob Legos with TONS of pieces (Thanks Steve and Jess!), various potato heads, a transformer that looks like a cop but is a bad guy so they tell me, 2 Ninja Turtles (Shredder chopped the arms off of a couple of his old ones), and Diego Chutes and Ladders. Thank you everyone for helping make this a fun and memorable Birthday for Carter!

5 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

Happy Birthday Carter! I can't believe our boys are 6 this year. It seems like just yesterday they were those cute little chubby babies crawling around the house. Glad he had a good day!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Carter!

BreAna said...

Oh logan will just love that cake. i totally need to show him. I am glad that carter had a good day! Again so sorry we missed it. Let us know as soon as your kiddos are feeling better

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Happy Birthday Carter! So cute...the cake is way cool!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

That "cake" rocks!
And no onions, mushrooms or tomatoes, but he likes salad?? What's up with that?