o be adventurous and make him a cute cake myself, and I'm not going to lie...his Lego cake was pretty darn amazing. Sure it was the easiest idea on the website I looked up, but I don't care! He loved it! He recieved a Spiderman bike, a somewhat noisy and repetitive pizza elmo (thanks Grandma!), and some dinosaurs that are "so awesome!" Lydia turned three on March 23rd. Since Carter's cake was such a success (an
d because I'm a bit of a tight wad), I decided to make her cake also. "I" meaning my sister Rachel, who was too big of a pansy to turn me down when I told her to make it. I figured that since Rachel shares Lydia's Birthday, it would be a good idea to put her to work so that all the special attention would not go to her head. Their Birthday also happened to fall on Easter this year so I had the brilliant idea of making the cake a bunny rabbit. It turned out better than I expected considering I was only the mastermind behind
the project, not the one to actually assemble it. Lydia recieved some princess art supplies, a Dora greenhouse, a Dora cash register, and some Dora dolls. Can you tell what her favorite cartoon character is at the moment? (Sorry princesses, it's three to one!) She truly loved her gifts as you can see in the picture. Birthdays are so much fun!
d because I'm a bit of a tight wad), I decided to make her cake also. "I" meaning my sister Rachel, who was too big of a pansy to turn me down when I told her to make it. I figured that since Rachel shares Lydia's Birthday, it would be a good idea to put her to work so that all the special attention would not go to her head. Their Birthday also happened to fall on Easter this year so I had the brilliant idea of making the cake a bunny rabbit. It turned out better than I expected considering I was only the mastermind behind
the project, not the one to actually assemble it. Lydia recieved some princess art supplies, a Dora greenhouse, a Dora cash register, and some Dora dolls. Can you tell what her favorite cartoon character is at the moment? (Sorry princesses, it's three to one!) She truly loved her gifts as you can see in the picture. Birthdays are so much fun!
7 comments:
Candice!!! Erica just told me you had a blog. I am so happy! And I don't know what you're talking about, it looks so cute. I just copy a template from a girl who makes them as a hobby, you on the other hand do all the cute lettering and the music. I'm impressed! (did Heather do yours too? haha)
Your cakes are awesome, I must say. I bet the kids loved them. I also made a LEGO cake this year for Jaren's 6th birthday, what a coincidence! You're such a good Mom, Candice. I love you, too!
You suck! You just had to out do me, didn't you? Just kidding, Your page is very cute!
HI CANDICE!!
I am so excited that you have a blog! I love seeing all of the pictures of your kids!
How cute are they!?
Miss ya!!! Give everyone my love!
Yes blogs are fun and I'm totally addicted. It will be so much fun to see pictures of the kids and to hear what is going on i nbetween visits. Love ya!
Thanks for giving me credit on the cake :) ha ha. Good job updating your profile. The Reese Witherspoon movie you refer to is "Just Like Heaven", btw. Anyways, thanks for coercing me into blogging... it's fun. I need to make a couple more posts though so my page isn't SO boring. :)
Yeah, you are definately going to have to put up a slideshow to be as cool as Cari and I... then again, you're schooling us with your blogs. It's a tight race for coolness.
Candice, Candice, Candice...I am very glad that you happened upon my parents blog. What a surprise! I thought that our friendship was lost forever. Anyway, I am glad to read your blog and catch up a little with. Unfortunately, or fortunately, we do not have a blog (there aren't any real plans to do it either, but we'll leave the door open in case my wife catches the fire).
Here is the low down with us...We currently live in Cleveland, OH and are very grateful that spring is finally here! Our son, Devin, was born a year ago. I am about to start my third year of dental school and can't wait to be done with school.
I will make sure that I bookmark your blog to make sure that I can keep up with you guys. If we end up making a blog we will let you know.
Nate
Post a Comment