Monday, April 21, 2008

My Sweet Angel

I already wrote about Lydia, but I want to share some of her current quirks and personality traits. I'm also going to try to cut back on the big colorful words because, I'm not going to mention any names, but SOMEONE informed me that it's annoying. (Just a clue - his name starts with R and rhymes with Candle). Anyway, back to my Sweet Lyddies. I've spent hours trying to figure out how to put a video clip onto my computer from my camera because you just can't get a full sense of who she is without hearing her little soft, sweet, voice. It's not always soft and sweet mind you, but when she's not throwing a fit or extremely EXCITED about something, her voice is very endearing. I've wanted to share some of the hilarious things she's said on this blog, and it just isn't funny unless you hear HOW she says it. Therefore, as soon as I find the cable I need for my camera, I'll put on a video clip.


Lydia REALLY loves to sing. She'll sing anything from "I Am a Child of God" to "We Will, We Will, Rock You!" One of her favorite things is to sit on her Grandma's laps and sing the Rabbit Song or Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She just loves uninterrupted, individualized attention. She'll do pretty much anything for an audience and a few laughs. One of her favorite ways to catch people's eye is to spin around on the floor in her very own style of dancing. As you can see from the pictures, she also has found that putting random objects on your head usually achieves the desired result.







Lydia also loves to tease, and say things like "My name is Mommy," or tell people that she's four or five even though she knows darn well that she's only three. She's very good about saying thank you when someone pays her a compliment which is really nice because before she learned that, I would always feel like I had to say something. I realize that I helped to create her and all, but is it really my place to say thanks when someone says that she's so cute, so smart for her age, or whatever? Is that weird for anyone else? I've tried to mix it up and say "we sure think so" or "SHE sure thinks so. (Trust me, she doesn't just think so, she KNOWS so!) No matter what my response was, I'd always walk away feeling vain or like I'd taken credit for the gifts that Heavenly Father has given her. I know, I'm crazy, but I love that she can take credit for herself now. That's all I'm saying.

Lydia is a mix between a girly-girl and a tomboy. On the girly side, she loves to play Mommy and feed her babies. She's even tried to nurse a couple of them. One of her favorite things is to get all dressed up like a princess and have "pretties" in her hair. She also eats very carefully and ALWAYS has to have a napkin because she doesn't like to get messy. However, she has no problem getting DIRTY. Much to my dismay, she loves to play in the dirt just as much, if not more, than any boy I've ever seen. (Note: if you have a sensitive stomache, it would be in your best interests to NOT look too closely at her teeth in the picture to the left.) Cars and Ninja Turtles are some of her favorite forms of entertainment. Whenever Carter's around she MIRACULOUSLY ends up with the "girl toy", such as Sally or Flo from Cars, but I've noticed that she usually chooses Lightning McQueen and Michaelangelo when her brother's not looking.

Lydia is so SWEET and LOVING. She gives great back tickles and she's always saying "I love to hold you," "I love squeezes," etc. She's very cuddly and loves nothing more than to fall asleep in Daddy or Mommy's arms. It makes me think of that book that says "I like you forever, I love you for always..." because I can picture myself rocking my little Lyddies to sleep even when she's all grown up. She is just so precious to us, and I can't imagine my life without her.

6 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

So super cute Candy! That Lydia is a hoot! She is so special and a great addition to the whole family. What a blessing and selfish as it may seem, I think I will always take credit for how cute my kids are lol. I mean especially when they look like me, or even if they don't, it took me a long nine months of work for them to come out that cute. But I will probably always give credit to Heavenly Father too. Anyways I also really like that family picture too, where and when did you get that done. Adorable! And have a great weekend!

Lindsey said...

Very cute! The different size words aren't annoying they are cute! I don't do anything cute like that on my blog. Everytime I sit down to write I am feeding Macie and typing one handed, or breaking up a fight. OK, all my kids are asleep right now,so I don't really have an excuse-I'm just not as creative as you are.

Ben and Taryn said...

ok so I'm leaving another comment simply because I have givenup searching on my own and want toknow where you and others get such cute backgrounds for your blogs. I thought I could be all blog savy and get it figured out on my own, but I'm regrettably not that cool. So could you let me know where and how you get the cute backgrounds. Thanks and love ya!

Rachel said...

This blog is so cute! I like the "annoying" large letters so much that I copied the idea and do that on MY blog too! ha ha ha. So, too bad that Rand...uh... I mean... that person doesn't like them thinks they are annoying Ü Anyways, this is super cute and I love Lydia to death! What a sweetheart! Love ya!

Lindsey said...

Come on...it's time for another post!

Candice said...

Hey, I've been really busy watching TV lately. My DVR is TOTALLY backed up with all the time I've spent blogging. :) Don't worry, Meleah's post is coming soon.