CARTER
I joined Carter on his field trip to the Museum of Natural History in Salt Lake. You could spend a week in there and not have enough time to read about EVERYTHING, but we loved it.
Carter was being a bit of a ham -
The ever popular water and sand exhibit to teach about erosion
This was his favorite thing we saw that day. A cute little old man explained to us that all the humongous dinosaur displays are "replicas" (He didn't like the terms copies or fakes) because fossils are too heavy to set up like that. The kids were a little disappointed until he pointed out this REAL Tyrannosaurus Rex skull -
He also performed a Reader's Theater called "Rafunzel"
They made all their own props -
He also went on a field trip to Utah Lake that I didn't volunteer for (no pictures), but he said it was really fun and he learned a lot.
MELEAH
Kindergarten Graduation!
Seriously, is there anything cuter than the Kindergarten Graduation? All the fun little songs they sing, their little graduation caps...adorable! And I must say I did better than ever taking pictures and video taping, all while wrestling a baby and 2 toddlers. I can actually see Meleah in every picture I took!Meleah also had a field trip to the park that I didn't attend, so I don't have any pictures. It was almost rained out, but there was a brief moment of sunshine and they were able to go. Meleah LOVED it! Oh yeah, and there was also a Kindergarten carnival on the last day of school.
LYDIA
Lydia's grade does a cute little dance performance every year, and her class had the Mexican Hat Dance. It was adorable, and once again, I'm pretty proud of my vidoetaping/picture taking while distracted skills. She also graduated from the RAD kids program (basically a self-defense program for kids).
I love the RAD kids program, but anything that makes me think of someone trying to grab one of my kids TOTALLY gives me heart palpitations! Don't get me wrong...I enjoy seeing a "bad guy" get beat up by dozens of children just as much as the next guy. However, it seriously freaked me out to see my little Lyddies up next to that BIG guy! She didn't really enjoy it that much either (since she's so sweet and shy and it just COMPLETELY goes against her nature to knee a stranger "where it counts"), but she got through it.
We're going to miss Mrs. Packer SO much. Lydia seriously LOVES her!
Lydia also had a teddy bear picnic, and a field trip to the park that I didn't attend. And no, I didn't help at the school carnival or on field day this year either. Yes, I'm a slacker Mom, but I have a BABY for goodness sake! (Along with every other woman in Eagle Mountain.) :) I can't even imagine how crazy it would have been if I had helped as much as I usually do. I about lost it just attending the things I DID, and making sure that my kids had sunblock, snacks, water bottles, the appropriate colored shirts for spirit days, teddy bears, and any other random item that they needed each day. As busy as it was, I'm so glad that their school goes above and beyond to make the last month of school great. They had a blast, and I LOVE seeing my happy kiddos!


No comments:
Post a Comment