Friday, June 7, 2013

Lost

Well it happened.  I knew someday it would, and it did.  I lost a child at Costco.  Not just lose a child and 13 seconds later find them like I've done countless times.  I'm talking go through the checkstand, realize he's gone, casually walk around the area where you saw him last, proceed to RUN around the ENTIRE STORE, then go to the customer service desk and wait for an ENDLESS 10 minutes until he was finally found - lost.  Yeah.  Not my favorite experience.  Can you guess who it was? 
Of course it was Cameron.  My sweet little, innocent, trusting, hug anyone and everyone that you see (including salesmen at our front door, and grocery baggers at Smiths), totally wouldn't have any qualms about walking out of Costco with some stranger - Cameron.  And of course during that horrendous 10 minutes that I was standing at Customer Service with my other kids waiting for someone to find him, THAT was all I could think about.  AND about how I was REALLY going to tell him a thing or two about listening to Mommy once he was found.  Haven't I told him A MILLION TIMES to stay by me?!  But of course when he finally sauntered around the corner with a store employee all I did was give him a hug and say "Where were you?" in my high-pitched baby talk voice while trying to keep the tears in my eyes from falling down my face.  If I retain my sanity throughout this whole child-rearing phase of life it will be a MIRACLE! 

2 comments:

Kim said...

I lost Maggie at the Walmart in Park city once. Terrifying! And Logan at the Walmart in Orem too come to think of it.....

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I think I've lost every child at some point before. I only remember the times that I actually noticed - ha! :)