I forgot to mention how we came up with little Emma's name. We had a pretty hard time deciding this time (Seriously don't know how my parents named SEVEN girls!). I really liked Julia, Cayla, and Shayla, and Randall wanted Sophia or Sariah. I personally thought those two names were too close to Savanna... The kids really liked the name Julia, but one morning a few weeks before she was born, Meleah came downstairs and said that she had a dream that the baby's name was Emma. From then on, she just started calling her Emma - like that was just what it was going to be. I actually liked the name Emma, but Randall was still holding out. While I was in labor, he caved (something about seeing me in intense pain makes him give in, apparently) and we decided that her name would be Emma. I let him choose if it would be Emma Tami (my older sister that passed away when she was 2 months old from birth defects), or Emma Grace and he chose...Emma Sophia (his great-great-grandma's name). I loved it! Hopefully she will too. :)

1 comment:
That is awesome. I had wondered where the name Emma had come from. And I love it with her middle name. Can't wait to see you again next month.
Post a Comment