Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Baby Girls!

We had a great time celebrating Lydia and Savanna's Birthdays last week.  We had a St. Patrick's/Birthday party with my family, 
I love this picture of them smiling at each other -
 
This "rainbow cake" turned out WAY better on Pinterest!
had a popcorn movie night at home on Savanna's Birthday, ate at Texas Roadhouse,

Gotta love the saddle at Texas Roadhouse!
went bowling,
 Savanna was running all over the place until the last 10 minutes, when she zonked out on Jana's lap. 


had Lydia's ears pierced,
 feeling "a little bit nervous"
No tears, but a lot of squirming and a few high-pitched "OUCH!  That hurt!" comments.  On the way home she said.  "Being 8 has been pretty tough so far, like getting my ears pierced..."  Little did she know that it was going to get even tougher because one of her earrings fell out that night, and Randall pretty much had to re-pierce her ear to get it back in.  We never found the earring back, so she's just using one of mine.  Hopefully it will hold strong for the next 6 weeks! 
and sang Karaoke with Aunt Rachel (the other Birthday girl!) on Lydia's Birthday,
and had cake and ice cream with the Stewarts the next day. 
Jackie made a DELICIOUS cake for Lydia, Savanna, Kyle, and Casey's Birthdays.

So much fun!


Savanna's Dictionary
eh dat - I want that.  Good luck guessing what "that" is.
fre-frast - breakfast
gubbles - bubbles
gobbidge - garbage
yesh - yes
tisses - kisses
e-caaause - because (Always said in a very sweet, high-pitched voice after you ask her why...)
chicken - chin; chicken
Car-der - Carter
Ia - Lydia
Mia - Meleah
Cam-in - Cameron
Samana - Savanna (She can actually say it correctly now, but this is what she used to call herself.)
Em-ma So-phi-a - Emma (Never said separately, it's either Emma Sophia or baby)
poopy tinky - Poopy Stinky/the baby needs her diaper changed/I had an accident
my pot - That's my spot!  You'd better move it, or I'm going to whack you repeatedly!
ta-da - ta-da (She says this totally clear, but I had to include it because I think it's adorable.)
I did it! - Also very clear, but SO cute!

 Music and Dancing
Savanna has always LOVED to sing and dance.  She is constantly singing "No more muh-kees jumpin' on da bed,"  "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Dar," "Round and Round," (Wheels on the Bus) "Appy an you know it," "Itsy Bitsy Pider," "Hi-Yo"(Riggedy Jig), "Do as I'm Doing," "Wok-a-by, don't you cry," and MANY others.  I even heard her singing "Oh, it's what you do to me-e-eee, Ohhh, what you do to me" (Hey There Delilah) the other day.  She loves to dance, and basically dances wherever she goes.  She never just walks anywhere.  She jumps, bounces, and even does this weird crouchy walk on occassion.  I wish I had even half of her energy! 

Bossy
I have to admit that Savanna can be a bit bossy at times.  There's nothing she likes more than to tell the kids what to do.  For a while there, Cameron used to tell me EVERY TIME he needed to go to the bathroom, to which I would ALWAYS respond "Go potty."  Savanna picked up on this, and whenever Cameron would come and make his announcement, she would loudly respond "Go potty Cam-in!"  This annoyed Cameron to no end, and he now just GOES to the bathroom when he feels the need.  (Wahoo!)  She also loves to tell the kids when it's "tine-to-eat!" (time to eat), and yell "No fighting kids!  Aright?!"  when she hears them arguing.  She even bosses me around - "Mom, wook!" (look) or "Watch dis Mom!"

Sweetheart
Savanna can also be SO sweet.  She has always LOVED her baby dolls, and will feed them, wrap them in "bankies," and tuck them in to go "nigh-night" for HOURS.  Whenever someone gets hurt she will give them hugs and say "You urt? Oh! Aw bedder!"  She also says "Sure!" in the sweetest little high-pitched voice when I ask if she wants to do something.  It's so cute! 

Daddy's Girl
All of my kids tend to like their Daddy a little bit more once I stop nursing them for some reason, but this little girl takes it to a whole new level.  She YELLS "Daddy home!" and RUNS to her Dad the minute he steps through the door.  She usually won't let him put her down for at least 30 minutes.  Randall's getting really good at eating while distracted because at meal time Savanna sits at her own seat for about 3 minutes, then moves over to Daddy's lap and says "uh bite!"  (I want a bite!)  Apparently his food tastes better.  She always comes up to me and says "Where's Ran-ull?  (Randall) At work?"  I think I would be offended by how much she loves him if it wasn't so dang adorable. 

Belly Button
Savanna's always been a little obsessed with her belly button.  She HATES it when I put her in a onesie, because then she has no access to her belly button, and she LOVES when Grandma Stewart sings "Belly, belly, full of Jelly" while tickling her tummy.  She also loves to show off Mommy's belly button - even when she's 8 months pregnant and in a room full of people.  ;)
 
Favorites
Color - "uh know" (I don't know)  She hasn't really shown a preference yet.
Food - "um eat"  She eats everything pretty well, but she LOVES tomatoes, strawberries, kiwi, Clementines, cheese, and chocolate.
Movie - "um, upstairs" (They have movie nights in their rooms upstairs sometimes) She loves  "Swa-berry Sho-cake", any "Princesh" movie, or "Bobbie" (Barbie). 
TV Show - "show" (Maybe she's still a little young for theses questions...) She asks for "Do-Do Do-wa" (Dora), "My Big Big Fwend," "goos coos" (Blue's Clues), "Bo on da Go," "Dan-el Tiger," "pat-pat-pat" (Little Einsteins), and "Zoom-iny" (Team Umizoomi)





"Even you know"
There aren't as many mispronunciations when kids get older, but Lydia still has one funny little thing that she says all the time.  (As usual, I don't correct her because I want my kids to stay little forever!)  Instead of saying "Even though,"  she says "Even you know."  For example: "I still like Bubble Guppies, even you know it's a preschool show."  It actually kinda makes sense, so I guess I can see why she's confused...   

Peacemaker
Lydia's my little peacemaker.  Not because she NEVER fights with anyone (although she doesn't seem to be inolved in arguments NEARLY as much as Meleah some of my children...), but because she's always trying to make everyone happy.  She tries to help the kids compromise so that it's fair for everyone, and is quick to comfort anyone that is upset.  She's SO sweet-natured and easy-going...most of the time.  ;)
 
Optimist
This year's been a little bit more difficult for Lydia.  She's been teased a couple of times, and she sometimes gets frustrated when she can't do something that other kids her age, or even younger than her can do.  She wants to run, ride a bike, do the splits, and play soccer like all the other kids, and now that she is doing so well physically (she walks nearly as fast as I do with her canes), it's actually more difficult for her to see that there are still some things that she can't do.  However, she NEVER dwells on it.  She may feel sad for a minute, but then she comes up with something that she CAN do, or some way to adapt an activity so that she can have fun too.  She's really easy to please, and generally just an all-around happy kid.  She rarely feels sorry for herself, and when she does it's really easy to pull her out of it.  Her happy, optimistic attitude has pulled me out of the grumps on many occassions, and I'm so grateful that I get to spend time with her every day. 
Lydia's Birthday present.  Now she CAN ride a bike! 
Favorites
Food:  "uhhhhh, pizza"
Movie:  "Wreck it Ralph, and Princess movies, and Barbie"
TV Show:  "Signing Time"
Toy:  "It's something that ran out of gum,  (Hello Kitty gumball machine) and my tablet"
Book:  "Princess Bedtime Stories"
Color:  "Pink and purple and blue"
School Subject:  "PE and art"

No comments: