Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Swing Set Debacle

We bought a new swing set a couple of months ago and since Randall was really busy with home healths, I decided to put it together myself.  How hard can it be, right?  I thought I was following the directions really well, but after about 4 hours of work, it ended up looking like this -
 
Can you see what's wrong with this picture?  Apparently I missed the part where it said there was a left/center/right top leg holder thingy and of course, ALL THREE of them were in the wrong place.  So much for my wonderful surprise for my husband!  Unfortunately, since he worked late that day (and for the rest of the week), he wasn't going to be able to fix it any time soon.  I'm not exactly the most patient person in the world, so I called my hero -
 All better! 
Grandpa Bob came over and fixed it in about 7 1/2 minutes.  What would we do without him?  Our kids have LOVED their new swingset and I love that I don't have to wonder how many injuries my kids will sustain when our old piece of junk wooden swingset finally crumbled to the ground. 

3 comments:

Jen said...

Aww! I love it! :D He's my hero too! :) Cute swing set by the way!

Jana Brown said...

Yay Bob! I've gotta say, father-in-laws don't come better than this one! He even saved my bacon for a few months letting me work in his shop! Swingset is super cute though! Great job candy!

Kim said...

ha ha ha. you're awesome candice.