Friday, December 30, 2011

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Randall and I watched It's a Wonderful Life this year and I bawled through the entire thing.  I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've watched it since becoming a parent, and I could totally relate to all the stress of sick kids, bills, work, etc.  I loved it!  We had an amazing Christmas this year and once again...I'm totally bummed it's over.  We did all the usual stuff -
Decorated Cookies
Don't look at my pathetic sugar cookies. If anyone has a delicious FOOLPROOF recipe, please let me know because mine NEVER turn out right. 
Decorated Gingerbread Houses
(or gingerbread trailers)
Decorated Ourselves
 Performed in the Nativity at our ward party.
 Had Christmas Eve dinner with the Brown side.
Thanks for the pictures Laura. I couldn't find my camera that morning. 
 My mom made Jedi robes for the boys and Red Riding Hood robes for the girls.
 Opened gifts and played with our new stuff on Christmas morning.
 Cameron REALLY enjoyed all the candy in his stocking (and a few pieces he found in everyone else's).
 LOVE the headphone feature included with this toy. 
 My Mom, Dad, Rachel, and Jana came to see what Santa brought everyone.
 The experienced sniper -
 His worthy opponents - 
 The fierce SWAT sisters -
I just realized that I didn't get a single picture of Savanna opening up her presents on her first Christmas.  That's probably because her siblings "helped" so much that she didn't really have much to do. She still had a great time rummaging around the mess and tasting all the wrapping paper, new toys, and candy wrappers she could find.
 I don't know why Santa's encouraging this whole WALKING thing...
My girls hanging out in their new "carriage."
One of my kids happened to take a picture of Randall's Christmas present during a take-a-ton-of-pictures-before-Mom-catches-you-playing-with-her-camera extravaganza...so I figured I'd include it. 
I received some new clothes, jewelry, boots, a 4-slice toaster (yep, my family's officially too big for a 2-slicer), and a waffle iron all bought lovingly by me...with my husband's money.  The best thing about that is most of it I used/wore before Christmas (which was only fair because Randall started using his present in November) and I LOVE all of my gifts. ;) Surprises are SO over-rated for psycho sale-seekers like me. At least when it's from someone that shares my bank account and doesn't possess my mad deal-finding skills.  Randall has managed to pull off some amazing surprises in the past, but I'm mostly just glad that he accepts me for who I am (a SUCKER for a sale).

I forgot my camera (again), but we had a delicious Christmas dinner over at the Stewarts on Christmas Day and had lots of fun playing games with everyone. 

FAVORITE GIFTS -
Carter - "There are three.  Star Wars Clone Wars III, DS Bakugan game, and my scooter with light-up wheels."
Lydia - "My Barbie Rapunzel and Eu-gene." 
Meleah - "Ree-punzel!"
Cameron - "Woody toys!" (Toy Story sets)

My kids are totally spoiled and my house is a disaster, but we've had a WONDERFUL Christmas.  Now I'd better go clean up this pig sty! 
Fortunately, my husband has mad trash-organizing skills and was able to fit all the garbage into our 2 cans (including the box pile from my previous post).  I'm a lucky woman!

No comments: