Monday, December 12, 2011

"Clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere!"

The other day one of my kids spilled a baggie of Cheerios on the floor and I decided to make them clean it up themselves for once.  I opened up the little sucky think at the top of my vacuum and they put the O's in one by one, laughing hysterically as the vacuum sucked their fingers.  Sure, I could have just vacuumed up the mess in a couple of seconds, but where's the fun in that?  Now I just have to hope they won't intentionally create messes so that they can play with the vacuum again.

If you don't understand the title, it's a song that I picked up from somewhere YEARS ago (Dora?), and I sing it to my kids ALL the time.  When they were little they used to love to sing it with me as we put their toys into buckets.  Now they pretty much hate it.  Hopefully someday they'll think of it fondly again... ;)
Clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere. 
Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share!

2 comments:

Paula said...

I'm pretty sure that song is from "Barney", that big purple dinosaur. I was singing it years ago when Kyle was 3. That was the best song. Cute kids!

Kim said...

Haha. We use the same song....I'm pretty sure it was from Barney.