Then Carter brings home this -
(was folded in half like a card)
At least with Lydia's I could console myself with the fact that the "masteryas pearson" could be a sweet FEMALE friend in her class. Carter's however, is actually his "girlfriend" that he's been "in a relationship" with since the beginning of the year. I was originally pretty happy with "the relationship" because it made Carter really excited to go to school every day. But upon further review, I have decided that having a child with a girlfriend makes me feel entirely too old. Fortunately, Carter has informed me that his crush on Haley has subsided a bit. For instance, at the beginning of the year when she would ask him for his fortune cookie at lunch, he would just give it to her. Now he hurries and eats it before she gets a chance to ask. He's also developed a little crush on a girl named Paige so he's "kind of cheating on" Haley. Fortunately, Haley also has a little crush on Brady, so it's okay. Apparently as long as they're both cheating on each other, everything's fine. Part of me wonders where he even learned the terms "cheating on" and "in a relationship" in the THIRD GRADE, but I guess I'm just "old school" (another favorite phrase from Carter) and I don't know anything anymore!



No comments:
Post a Comment