Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back to School

So, I've been putting off posting first day of school pics since I haven't finished our summer posts.  However, the weather's been great and we are still doing summer activities.  Therefore, I will wait no longer.  One of my friends showed the previous year next to the current year.  I thought it was pretty cool so I'm going to copy her, but I'm adding a few more years -






I can't believe how much they've changed - even just since last year!  They both really love their teachers this year, so I'm really happy.  I was seriously DREADING the beginning of school, but it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.  For the last 3 years, I've been doing the Kindergarten schedule since Lydia's preschool was pretty much the same hours. It's amazing how much easier my day is just by not having that middle-of-the-day drop off.  I still would rather have them home, but I sure enjoy my afternoon when the littles are napping and I can fold laundry uninterrupted.  Now if I can just remember to have them do their homework...

1 comment:

Ben and Taryn said...

Is Lydia just loving 1st grade? And isn't the no kindergarten schedule great?! I feel like I can get so much more done, if I ever decide to ;) And we're doing ok on the homework it's the reading that I forget every time! Such cute kids. Can't wait til we can hang out again and hear all about school.