A little while after one of my children made some rude and embarrassing comments to someone...
Mom: We don't ever call anyone big, fat, or say that they have a big tummy.
Lydia: Why can't we call someone big or fat?
Mom: It's not nice, and it can hurt people's feelings.
Carter: We can only call people chubby.
Mom: No, not chubby either.
Carter: But you call babies chubby.
Mom: You can call babies chubby, but not adults.
Carter: Yeah, Mom's tired of everyone saying that she's fat. That's why she's losing weight.
(Alright...who's been calling me FAT?!)
Lydia: When I'm grown up I won't feel sad if someone calls me big or fat.
Somehow I doubt that.
Eggs eggs eggs
3 years ago
2 comments:
OH man... Fat is the 'F' word in our house and no one is allowed to say it. It's hard to teach these things to kids who have no filters, like my Shelby :)
Ha ha! Kids say the darndest things. I have two great ones:
The other day we were with my mom and sister. Logan had a bag of cookies that were his own, and he decided to share. He walked over to where my mom and sister were sitting and said, "This is for Shannon, cause Grandma, you don't need the calories".
And a couple of weeks ago, I was changing my clothes and Adam commented that my skin on my belly is really getting streched out. Madison, said, "Mom, is you tummy stretched up?" I said, "Yes honey, mommy's belly is getting stretched out."
Then she said,"Oh...... Your bum is getting stretched up too!"
Nice
Post a Comment