Monday, June 28, 2010

Random

I've decided to write another post full of pointless random facts about me for all you poor fools that follow my blog to read.  Here they are -

I hate the words flesh, foggy, and moist.  I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones that come to mind right now. 

never do yard work.  My dislike of dirt, coupled with my fear of bugs keeps me away from it entirely.  I do love me some fresh veggies however, so I have been known to throw a few plants in the ground in the spring time (with heavy duty gloves on).  I don't weed it however, so only the strongest plants survive. 

I love the number 7.  I often find myself twisting the girls hair ties 7 times,  taking 7 swallows of water, brushing my teeth for 77 seconds, etc.  Weird, I know.  When I was in 1st grade my math teacher had a bunch of cartoon numbers posted on her wall.  The 7 was a princess, the 8 was the prince, and the 5 was the villain with a long curly mustache.   I've loved 7 ever since.  It doesn't hurt that there are 7 letters in all three of my names, my shoe and ring size is 7, I was born in the 7th month, and my mom was 27 when she had me.  I'm also going to have 7 kids.  Just kidding! 

I love variety puzzles.  I haven't had time to do them much lately, but I think the reason I love them is because they remind me a little bit of school.  I occasionally feel like my brain isn't fully being utilized by chasing kids, cleaning, and cooking all day.  I somehow feel more intellectually exercised when I'm doing pointless word games and crosswords. 

The outer rim of one of my ears is fat and the other is skinny.  It's almost like when I was made, too much cartilage went to one ear, leaving the other a little short.  Mine aren't quite as freakish as Tara's, but still worth mentioning.

I always want what I can't have.  Currently it's a house to decorate.  During the 6 years we lived in our house I didn't do a darn thing decoratively aside from painting and hanging up the latest pictures of my kids.  Now that we live with my in-laws I'm suddenly addicted to HGTV and can't wait to get back into our house so that I can put wainscoting, chair rails, and wood trim everywhere! 

I'm easily bored/distracted.  I blame my kids for not hearing sacrament meeting, but really I just don't focus well in the first place.

I hate when you're watching a TV show and they show you a five minute clip of what's coming up after the commercial.  Say...maybe I'll just watch that exact segment in 3 minutes, eh?  An even more grievous offense is when someone else has the remote and they don't fast-forward past that crap. 

As you can probably tell from that last statement, patience is not my strong suit.  I don't have any.  You'd think that having 4 kids (1 that takes 4 1/2 minutes to walk from the car to the house) would have helped me with this issue, but alas I'm just as grumpy as ever when someone has the audacity to make me wait. 

I hate when people touch my ears.  Aside from harming my family, a wet willie is pretty much the most heinous thing a person can do to me. Fortunately, now that I'm out of high-school and have my husband pretty well-trained, it's not something I've had to endure in recent years.  (Although I may be in trouble if said husband actually decides to read the family blog and sees that I called him "well-trained."  The chances of this are not great, however.)

I love laying in my husband's armpit.  It sounds disgusting, I know...but it's really comfortable!  It totally makes my hair smell like Old Spice,  but it's definitely worth it.

4 comments:

Cari J said...

Hahahahaha :)

Lindsey said...

Loved the post...and you were so not kidding when you said you were having 7 kids!

jen said...

Oh my heavens! I haven't laughed that hard in a while! You're awesome! Thanks for sharing! & by the by, what's wrong w/ having 7 kids????? Hmmmmm?? ;)

Tara said...

So my ears are FREAKISH huh??? hahahhahaha! :)