Carter had his tonsils and adenoids removed and ear tubes placed today. He's had tubes before, but this was obviously a bit more involved. Everything went well aside from him puking twice at the center and once in the car (oh, and me blacking out and almost puking myself...but we won't go into that.) We're finally home and he's happy in his little home-made bed in front of the TV watching Hook. He's decided that all he wants to eat is whipped cream, but didn't complain when I mixed some yogurt and mashed up bananas into it. I keep trying to get him to drink his tiger's blood slushee, but he's not interested. Hopefully he'll start drinking more as the night goes on, but for now I guess I'll just keep his cool whip bowl filled.
This was taken 2 minutes after he puked all over the waiting room floor. It was pretty nice of him to attempt a smile (even though it's a small one!) I wish I would have remembered to take a picture of him in his little Looney Tunes hospital nightgown.
Apparently he thought losing his tonsils and adenoids wasn't enough for one day, because about 2 hours after we got home...he pulled out a tooth! What a day!
Eggs eggs eggs
3 years ago


4 comments:
I am so glad to hear that he is doing well minus puking. I want to hear your story later too. lol. What a day.
Holy Cow! I didn't even know he was having the surgery. What a tough kid! I also would like to know your passing out story Cand :) Get better soon Carter!!
I didn't know either! Fun times...glad he is doing well!
I'll bet you are both glad to have that over with. But, I'm curious about the Mama almost passing out part too! I hope his recovery goes quickly and isn't too painful! Love you Carter!! Hang in there!!
Post a Comment