Friday, May 28, 2010

Bye-Bye Terrible Two's!

My little Meleah Susannie has finally turned 3!  The terrible two's are over!  No more getting up in the morning to find toothpaste all over the place and my electric toothbrush missing (NEVER to be found again!) No more high-pitched screams, freak-outs, and tantrums!  No more hitting, hair-pulling, or pinching! I'm so excited!  Ü
We celebrated with my family while we were in Vegas for Ryan's baptism and Dylan's baby blessing.  Meleah requested a Snow White cake.  I didn't have a Pampered Chef batter bowl in Vegas, so I had to improvise.  Let me just say...it's MUCH easier with the batter bowl! 
We also threw together a little gathering on her actual Birthday.  She had tons of fun at both parties, and scored a new dress, twin BFC barbies, a doll, a princess bike, and a snow white Barbie.  After watching all her siblings and Dad have Birthdays in the last few months she was ecstatic that it was FINALLY her turn! 
Birthday Menu
Breakfast - "Oatmeal with strawberries"

Lunch - "Squiggley noodles, Dora yogurt, and blackberries"  - She even decided to put the blackberries into her top ramen and peas.  Gross.

Dinner - "um...cheese...bread...and pink!"  I translated this to mean spaghetti and garlic BREAD, topped with parmesan CHEESE and served on a PINK plate.  I also made cinnamon bundt cake for dessert.
FAVORITES:
Color:  "pink"
Show:  "uh...Dora"
Movie:  "uh...Salice and Wonderland"
Food: "uh...jelly"
Book:  "uh..Salice and Wonderland coloring one."
Princess:  "uh...Cinderella"
Toy:  "uh...Snow White"
Animal:  "uh...kitty cat"

Funny Phrases:
"Ac-tu-ly"

"s'okay I have it Camran's ba-ba I so irsty?"- I have to keep a close eye on Cameron's bottle or she'll sneak away with it, curl up in bed with a pillow and down the entire thing.  She always makes sure to cover up the bottle with a blanket so I won't know that she's drinking it.  She doesn't really like to be a big girl, and is always asking me to call her "a little baby."  

"s'okay I can take out my hair pretty?" - every now and then she asks this, but usually she just rips them out whenever she feels like it.  Most of the time it's when I put her down for a nap, because she still likes to twirl her hair when she's falling asleep. 

"umm (tongue click)..."

"I not your cutie pie, I your sweet angel!"

"I want to crap (crack) some eggs!"

"That's isgusting.  I love it!"

"Not on  purple!  It was an askident!"

"I need a get outta here!" - This is usually said at bed time/nap time.  

"You cry me Mom!" - I hear this one about 10 times a day (any time I have the audacity to make her cry).  I usually respond "no, you cry me"  to which she replies "no, you cry me..." and it continues in a very childish manner until I give up. 


It's actually really weird to me that Meleah is just now turning 3.  She's always been so independent and wise beyond her years.  She totally takes charge when she's playing with other kids, and LOVES to be a big helper.  As a matter of fact, if I make the grave mistake of asking someone else to do something for me, she throws a royal fit.

Lately, her favorite thing to do is "play pretend" with Lydia and her cousins.  They pretend to be "mommy, grandma, teacher, baby, kitty, puppy, older kid..."  I can't tell you how many times I've gone in after hearing them call "Mommy!" only to find that they weren't talking to me..."Meleah's the Mommy!"  It's so fun to see her little imagination at work (unless it involves scissors, makeup, permanent markers, or any other potentially damaging item/substance.)  I love to watch her run and get toys for Lydia, or carefully lay out a blanket for Cameron to sit on for their "picnic".

Meleah always does everything full-force.  Walking is apparently for wimps.  She either runs, skips or hops whenever she needs to get from one place to another.  I also wouldn't recommend starting up a friendly wrestle match with her because she will take. you. down.  (Cameron knows this from experience.)

Even though I complain about Meleah's willful personality on occasion, I can't imagine how boring our family would be without her.  Yes, she's very determined and likes to get her own way, but she is also very sweet and considerate of others.  We're so blessed to have her in our family.

On a side note...this guy also had a Birthday this month.
We're blessed to have him in our family too!  (Isn't he SO dreamy?!)

1 comment:

Ben and Taryn said...

Happy Birthday Meleah!!!