Mom: How was school?
(This is usually followed by Carter giving a thumbs down sign, saying "not really," or holding his pointer finger a millimeter away from his thumb. On this particular occasion it was the latter.)
Mom: Why didn't you have a good day?
Carter: I did a lie to my teacher.
Mom: You told your teacher a lie? What did you say?
Carter: I didn't TELL a lie; I DID a lie!
Mom: What did you DO?
Carter: When my teacher said (using his high-pitched girly voice) "Everyone that likes school...stand up," I standed up but I don't like school!
So...I'm trying really hard not to blame Carter's teacher, but I don't understand why he absolutely LOVED preschool and Kindergarten and HATES 1st grade. I'm totally bummed about it. He still loves homework (thank goodness!), but I'm hoping that he will get used to first grade and start liking it eventually.
Last week I finished my biggest homework assignment since I dropped out of college. Lydia was Star of the Week, and I admittedly went a little crazy. It's been a long time since I've busted out the scrapbooking supplies, so I had fun with it. Now I need to figure out what to do with an enormous gaudy poster. Any ideas?
Eggs eggs eggs
3 years ago



4 comments:
that is a darling poster. I love it. I am so sorry carter is not liking school. that always makes it a little harder.
Hang it in her room - on a wall you don't have to look at ;)
Well, if Carter still likes the homework part, that's a little encouraging. It's not learning and practicing that bothers him. You could start asking him different questions when he gets home - like tell me about one of your friends or what did you do at recess today or how was lunch. See if there's any part of his day that he likes and accentuate that. I agree - hang the poster in her room for a little while. Take a picture of it on the wall so you'll have it forever - before you dismantle it. Hugs from Grandma!!
Oh, I miss you and your kids! Lydia looks so beautiful in that dress! I hope things get better for Carter!
Post a Comment