Saturday, October 3, 2009

Cameron Michael

I've been wanting to do a Stewart family update for a long time, but have been putting it off because I have so stinkin' many kids these days.  It's going to take me hours to write about all of them so I've decided to split them up and hopefully finish a post before someone needs food, a drink, to go potty, or the ever-popular time out.  I'm going to start with the smallest of the family.  Some of the most fun/unique things about Cameron are:

My Little Inch Worm
Cameron is almost nine months old now and he still has not fully mastered crawling.  He appears to know how to crawl on his knees, but he just prefers to propel himself forward using only his arms and feet.  He's the first of my kids to do the army crawl and it's very cute until I see that the entire front of his outfit is black with dirt.  I guess I need to vacuum more! 


Late Night Laughter
He gets the bedtime giggles worse than anyone I've ever met.  (That includes all of my High School girlfriends!)  Even when I'm exhausted and trying SO hard to get him to sleep, I just can't help laughing along with him.  I don't even know what he thinks is so funny!  Do I look weird in the dark or something?



It's the Climb
Maybe I've been listening to that Miley Cyrus song too much lately because all Cameron wants to do is climb.  He's fallen off the bed 5 times, down the stairs once (all 14 of them), and crashed while pulling himself up to the couch innumerable times.  I know what you're thinking...maybe he needs a little more supervision.  Well, you're right!  He is such an active little guy that I have a very hard time keeping up with him!  Fortunately, he's getting a little more steady on his feet lately so the goose eggs are more few and far between.  He also enjoys stealing toys from his older brothers and sisters.  I'm afraid he's going to turn out to be one of those crazy adventure seeker types because he just doesn't seem to be happy unless his life is somehow in danger.


Three's a Crowd
Cameron loves to sleep in bed with Mommy and Daddy.  This isn't completely unheard of with our kids because Carter slept with us until he was almost two.  However, after having two little girls that have always been excellent sleepers...I naturally assumed that I had mastered the mothering technique of getting your kids to sleep through the night in their own bed.  Now not only have I lost my pride, but with my husband sleeping diagonally and my baby in the middle I've very nearly lost my spot in the bed. 


Feeding Frenzy
Cameron LOVES to eat and when he knows it's feeding time, whether it's nursing or table food, he gets super excited.  He does this crazy man's giggle and grabs the food up in handfuls simultaneously shoving it into his mouth.  It's important to have it all cut into bite-sized pieces before I even get near his high chair or his quick little hands will grab it before it's ready and he'll be choking before I even know what just happened. He smacks his lips together loudly to let me know he's ready to eat which is really cute at home, but a little embarrassing during sacrament meeting...


Cameron is such an amazing challenge blessing in my life.  He may make me feel like a crazy person at times, but I love his playful little personality.  One of his favorite things to do lately is "crawl" directly to the top of the stairs because he knows I'll be chasing after him to make sure he doesn't fall.  The little stinker even has the audacity to giggle and crawl faster when he hears me coming.  He looks the most like Randall to me and apparently they not only share their looks, but also their joy of teasing me.  I'm a lucky woman. Ü

5 comments:

Connie and Rob said...

I just want to hold him!! He's the cutest little bug!! I can totally see him giggling at night and laughing while you chase him. Can't wait to see him next weekend!

Unknown said...

Candice,
What a fun, adorable blog! I thouroughly enjoyed reading it! What a fun family & wonderful sense of humor you have! Randall did well choosing another sister for me! :)
Love ya'!
Jen

Kim said...

Um, could he look a little more like Carter!?

Lindsey said...

He is Carter's little twin! Next time you come down, we really need to get the kids together too. I never even got a chance to see him!

BreAna said...

he is such a little cutie. I can't wait to hear his little giggles. I do have to agree with everyone, he looks such much like carter.