Thursday, December 18, 2008

Winter is Here!

Well, I can't let all the Vegas people show me up with all their awesome snow pictures, so here are ours. We've hardly had any snow at all this year (thank goodness), but my kids are SO happy to see it finally coming down. We made snow angels, had a snowball fight, and even made a snowman. I'm sure we could have made a larger snowman, but I am 8 1/2 months pregnant after all. Besides, the kids wanted the snowman to be baby Mikey. Okay, okay...I might have given them that idea, but it's really hard to bend over when you're as large as I am right now! Carter was disappointed when I informed him that we don't have a magic hat to make baby Mikey come alive, but not quite as disappointed as Lydia was when I informed her that it wasn't Christmas yet. Apparently, she thought that if it's snowing, that means it's Christmas Day. We also made Gingerbread cookies and once again...there was disappointment that our cookies did not come alive. They recovered quickly however, and we've had a really fun week fulfilling all the standard winter traditions. Carter and Lydia keep saying, "Winter is our favorite season!." We'll see if they still say that when they have to drive in this mess!



























5 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Here's hoping that baby stays put until after Christmas...or pops out right now. Either way ;)

Rachel said...

that's adorable Candice! Looks like you and the kids are having lots of fun this winter! :)

Me said...

Winter is pretty fun until you drive through snow storms, I agree. The kids look so cute in their snow gear.

Lindsey said...

Your kids look so much more prepared for the snow than my poor kids! I had to run to Kmart in the snow just to buy gloves. And snow pants? My kids didn't even have shoes to keep their feet dry.

Connie and Rob said...

Lindsey's comment made me laugh. We really aren't prepared for snow here. We were looking for gloves everywhere and you should have seen how excited Stryder was to help his Dad try to knock the snow off the trees! They got cold pretty fast, though. We even threw together a little snowman in the courtyard. It was so weird! Snow in Henderson that didn't melt off immediately!! We didn't try snow angels, though. I think that picture with Carter is the best snow angel picture I've ever seen! Love you all so much!!