Friday, December 12, 2008

Another Family Update

I know I just did one of these a couple of months ago, but there are a few things that have happened lately that I want to remember.
Elly Jelly
Meleah has been so funny lately. I shouldn't say that, because usually what makes me laugh is the stuff that she's totally not supposed to do...like hitting for example. If I should dare to tell her not to get into something, she'll come from all the way across the room to give me a good whack. This is a new experience for me, because Carter and Lydia have very rarely hit anyone and especially not me. Even when I have witnessed Carter hitting someone, I've noticed that he does it as softly as possible. Not so with Meleah! Don't think I let her get away with it, though. I may smirk when she's not looking, but she gets in big trouble for hitting or pulling hair (her other favorite attack mechanism). Meleah can often be found in the kitchen scooting a chair around so that she can reach all the interesting things that Mommy puts up high to keep away from her. She also still loves baby dolls, and will kiss and hug and put them nigh-night over and over again. Dora is still the ONLY acceptable television programming according to her, much to the dismay of her older brother. She loves to make silly faces, and her signature pony tail on the top of her head (the only hair style she'll allow me the time to do), is usually crooked and fuzzy because she still loves to twirl her hair. Some of her most common sayings are: ut-oh, doooon'T, out, ow, opf (off or on), miiine, and a really grumpy form of uh-uh. That list makes it sound like she's grumpy all the time, which isn't necessarily the case. She's just a lot quieter when she's happy. Ü She does everything full-steam ahead. I can't tell you how many fat lips and bruises I've gotten from her flailing herself around. One minute she'll be sitting on my lap, the next she's up and running. She LOVES her Da-da and is usually the first one to greet him when he gets home. He then has to carry her around for half an hour or so before she'll let him out of her sight.
Lydia DeOn
Lydia was given a baby doll from her aunt Susan a few days ago, and has been obsessed with it ever since. She takes it everywhere with her, and always makes sure she's wrapped in her blanket. She's been doing really well with her walker lately, so we've started taking it with us to some gatherings. She was so funny at my Grandpa's funeral because rather than going around the groups of chatting people, she would plow straight through, knowing full well that they would separate to let her pass. That had the added bonus of everyone looking at her and saying how adorable she is, you see.
Carter Cutie
Carter was student of the month last month (the purpose of blogs is to brag right?). He got this nifty certificate and FOUR free ice cream cones from Arctic Circle. We have yet to use all of them. I felt really bad because he was sick for almost a whole week, so we missed his little assembly ceremony thing, but he was still pretty excited about his free ice cream. He's been really fascinated about my Grandpa's death, and keeps asking me if Grandpa's been resurrected yet (we learned about resurrection in Primary the same week Grandpa died). I know he really loved him and misses him, but sometimes I'm surprised how often he thinks of him. I made home-made bread the other day, and I lifted up the towel to show him how it was rising and he said, "It looks like Grandpa Jensen!" I think he was referring to how his body was white after he passed...??? I don't know. I'm sure Grandpa would have gotten a good laugh out of that. His latest line that he uses when I tell him to finish his dinner or clean up the playroom is, "I'm too shy to." I didn't know shyness affected people's eating and cleaning abilities, but you learn something new every day.
Randall just fininshed his first semester of school yesterday and is looking like he's going to get straight A's (I know...I know...enough with the bragging!). I'm just so proud of him. He's really taken school seriously and spent a lot of time making sure that he does well. I'm sure it hasn't been easy, because the poor guy has 3 kids and a pregnant wife to deal with. I've been known to be a bit on the needy side when I'm pregnant. Ü He puts the kids to bed every night, and they love to have that special time with their Dad. I love you baby!
This is where I'm supposed to put a picture of me, but I haven't taken any since I was like 3 months along, so it wouldn't really be accurate anyway. Just consider yourselves lucky. I'm getting so excited to have my little baby boy that I can hardly stand it. It seems like by the time you're on your FOURTH child that you wouldn't be as excited, but I just ache to hold him in my arms. This has been a pretty good pregnancy so far, and it has gone by so fast. It definitely helps to have the holidays to distract me during the very end. I'm really looking forward to Christmas, and I'm sure that Randall will be very happy to see that I spent my time writing this post today instead of shopping online!
Well, that's the latest on us. Hope I didn't bore you all to death!

10 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I was excited with number four too ....it was actually planned. Can't say that about number 5! With that one I think I spent the first six months in denial and the last three hiding in the corner of my closet in a fetal position, sucking my thumb and twirling my hair imagining how my life would be with five kids. HA! Little did I know how right I would be ;) Loved the blurb on your Maleah - every Mom needs to have a strong willed child (only ONE? How come I got more??). You just don't understand other childrens openly defiant behavior until you have one of your own...

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I still can't believe you are on number FOUR and that you are due like right around the corner!! Crazy! Your kids are so cute and don't you just love how they get all fiesty and defiant? LOVE it! LOL Good luck with the new baby to come! I can't wait for the pictures of the baby. :)

Ben and Taryn said...

Great post Candy! It's good to hear about what you and your family are doing. I had such a great time hanging out during Thanksgiving and I'm excited for your newest delivery. Make sure there are lots of pictures cause we probably won't be up to see him any time soon. We love and miss you all so much!

BreAna said...

I can't believe that you are almost done. That is so crazy. We miss you guys so call us when you are free.

Kim said...

Yay, another boy1 I hadn't heard.

Yay for Carter, and Yay for Randall!

And those girls of yours sound pretty great too!

Rachel said...

Ha ha. This post is awesome. I love Meleah's defiant "uh-uh." It's hard to describe how cute she is when she does that stuff unless you've seen it ha ha. Anyways, your kids are SO cute! Can't wait to see you all soon! Love ya!

Jason & Stacy Scoble said...

Candice- Your kids are so cute!! I can't believe you are having number 4 WOW! Do you have a name picked out for him? I haven't seen you in such a long time! Glad to see things are going well for you.

Me said...

you could never bore us. So, when are you due exactly? I want to see preggo pics, so take some and put them on here!! So, Randall did ddecide to go to school? That is great. I remember talking about that at Julia's, and you really wanted him to go. sounds like he is off to a great start.

The Brownlemmons said...

I love your little cuties. I'm a little bummed that we are going to be at Jess' folks for Christmas eve. I'm goign to miss seeing those little guys. I love how your kiddies got a little bit of a mischievous side. It makes life more interesting that way. Tell Randall congrats on his academic performance. I'm rooting for him!

Connie and Rob said...

I'm so proud of both Randall and Carter! Thank you for sharing these little pieces of life. It's so fun for me to read! It's the next best thing to being there!!