So...you know you're doing your Christmas post a little late when Sunny 106.5 isn't even playing Christmas music anymore. Oh well! The fun started early this year as the empty boxes started piling up in my living room. (Gotta love shopping online!) The kids had a blast playing with this train/car/boat/spaceship/airplane. I don't know why I even bother buying toys in the first place. I should just get in touch with a box manufacturer and save a few $. Just in case you're wondering, Carter's not practicing to be a cheerleader in these pictures, he's just pulling the horn for the train. Ü
We spent Christmas Eve at my Grandpa Jensen's house for the last time, and it was so much fun. Tara borrowed some nativity costumes from her ward primary and they looked awesome. Much better than the towels and baby blankets I would have come up with. I wish I had pictures, but I videotaped it instead. Meleah and Lydia were angels and Carter was a wise man. Of course, Meleah only wore her costume for like .05 seconds but it was kind of an inappropriate costume for her to be wearing in the stage that she's in right now anyway. Ü They all opened up their jammies from Grandma, and were so excited to put them on right away.
We opened presents on Christmas at around 9:00 am. I know the day will come when my kids will wake me up at dawn, but my tired pregnant body was really grateful that they slept in this year. They actually woke up around 8:30, but I held them off reading stories upstairs until Grandpa, Jana, Rachel, Laura, and Dalton could get there. Carter asked Santa for a real motorcycle with hundreds of spots (don't ask me where he got that from) but he was still very happy with the Leapster that Santa actually brought him. I tried to explain that he doesn't have a drivers license yet so he wouldn't be able to drive a real motorcycle, but he just figured Santa would bring him that too.
Maybe next year.Lydia and Meleah also loved their presents from Santa. Lydia got a wooden dollhouse, and Meleah a Dora sofa. Santa must have known that the girls are constantly fighting over the Dora chair that we already have, and hoped that this would help prevent some of the hair pulling and hitting that has been going on. Meleah seemed perfectly content to sit in her Dora sofa and eat Pez all morning. Well, at least until her dispenser ran out, and she had to go on the hunt for someone else's stocking.
We had a nice, relaxed day playing with all our new toys. Thanks go out to Laura, Dad, Jana, and Rachel for making the day more fun, and helping undo all those dang twister ties they put all over the toys! The Stewart family gathering was put off until the next day due to bad weather, so we got to extend our festivities until Friday. We all had tons of fun, and are a little tired and sad that Christmas is over. Lydia keeps thanking me for bringing Christmas and asking if we can have Christmas again. As tired as I am, I would still be okay with that! Luckily, we have something else to look forward to in the very near future. Now we just have to decide if we should spell the baby's name Cameron, Camoran, Camran...any ideas?
8 comments:
Fun Fun...looks like the kids had a good time. I wish we could have slept in that late but we had breakfast so I guess that alone was worth it. I'm so excited for your new baby to come. I think you shouldn't spell it too weird or the poor boy will be correcting people his whole life. Cameron is how I've always seen it. Hope he comes soon and that all goes well. Love ya guys!
I can't believe you're due tomorrow! I expect a phone call in the near future, and I hope everything goes well. I would spell it Cameron if it were me!
Christmas sure was fun! Now we have New Years and Cameron *ha ha.. you already know how I feel about the spelling* to look forward to! :)
Just putting my vote in for Cameron too :) Glad you guys had fun with your new train, haha :) Too bad I just broke down all my boxes for tomorrows garbage!! I can't wait for your next news!!
HOw fun! What totally cute kids! Glad your Christmas was good! We have to do a Super Post very soon or I will be hearing it from my family!
Happy New Year!
Looks like a fun Christmas. I would go with Cameron just cause that is how I would naturally spell it. Good luck with your delivery girl. I'll be waiting for an update!
I guess I'd have to go with Cameron, too. Unless you want to use a K and make it Kameron. But the other ways look like moron and Cam ran, so I probably wouldn't go there. We'll love him however you spell it, though. We have some really funny spellings in our family. Lot's of people will be explaining their spellings! I love seeing my little ones playing. It was fun to be in the background listening to the Christmas noises on Christmas Day, too!! Love you all tons!!
Cute pics! Not that it matters, but I would spell it Cameron only because everyone will always mispell it. Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment