Thursday, October 2, 2008

Family Update

It's been a while since I wrote about what the kids are doing lately, so I figured I should write a new post.
Meleah
Meleah has probably changed the most since my last post about her. She is saying lots of new words like "moooore psss" (more please). The picture above is me trying to capture the lowered eyebrow look that she gives me every time she's doing something she knows she's not supposed to do. It's not quite the same because usually she's not saying "tees" (cheese) while she's doing it. I'll keep trying, though. She is constantly moving, and loves to play outside. She loves to wrestle and climb around with her brother and sister until someone inevitably gets hurt. She also loves to play with babies, and bring toys to me so that we can play together. Her favorite TV show is "Do, Do, Do" (Dora, Dora, Dora) although most of the time she only watches the opening song before she gets bored. She's also obsessed with my makeup and lotion which is why we have a strict Mommy's door ALWAYS stays closed policy at our house.
LydiaThis is a picture of Lydia with her new "twisters" for those of you that haven't seen them. It's kind of hard to see, but it's a belt that's connected to some glue stick looking things that are twisted and connected to her braces. They help to keep her feet facing forward and I'm finally starting to like them even though I think they should make the glue stick looking things in pink instead of the ugly yellowish brown color. Ü She seemed to be going slower at first, but now she's getting used to them, and I'm hoping they'll help her walk more correctly so she doesn't damage her joints.

Favorite Color: pink and purple
Favorite Food: cereal, "chickens" (which pretty much means any kind of meat), and anything with sugar in it.
Favorite TV Show: Dora the Explorer, hands down.
Favorite Toy: Dora dolls, babies, and Barbies
Favorite Phrase: She got this from Carter but lately she's been asking A LOT of questions like, "Why do we have trees?"
Favorite Movie: Sleeping Beauty, Care Bears, Barbie, and of course Dora movies
Lydia loves to play outside, wear "pretties," lip gloss, and lotion like a princess, dance, be silly, and sing, whether she knows the words to the song or not.

Carter
Favorite Color: "red, vermillium (vermillion), pink, aquamarine" He learned the obscure ones from a Blue's clues episode, and he's constantly asking me questions like, "what does purple and brown mix up to?"
Favorite Food: "cheesy quesadillas, squiggly noodles (Top Ramen), Handy Manny cereal (Kix), Mac 'n Cheesy, marshmallows, strawberries, and apples."
Favorite TV Show: "Blues Clues, Ninja Turtles, and Transformers."
Favorite Toy: "Ninja Turtles"
Favorite Phrase: "That scared my life!"
Favorite Movie: "Barbie Movie and the Diamond Castle, Spiderman, Toy Story, Toy Story II, Transformers."
Carter loves to play with his Ninja Turtles, usually tying them up with something and swinging them around or dangling them from somewhere while they plead for their life. Poor Mikey has a permanent rope tied around his arm because I can't for the life of me get the knot out. He loves Kindergarten and begs me every day to do his homework. Unfortunately, we finish all of his homework assignments for the week in about 30 minutes, so I have to improvise. He loves to draw, paint, play with play doh, and joy of all joys...play X-box with his Dad.

9 comments:

The Brownlemmons said...

Great post Candy!!! I love your awesome little crew. Carter is hilarious in the things he says, and the thoughts he comes up with. I love to see little Lydia, and hear about the progress she is always making. It really is amazing to see where she's at now compared to where she could be. We truly are blessed. I would never leave Meleah out. She is so adorable, and I love to see her cute little faces. I think she is the one that looks the most like you right now. I can't wait to see them all. P.S. Tell Randall that I'm having serious X-box withdrawals and that he needs to be on this Friday!! Ben got his box back a week ago, and we still haven't played.

Jana Brown said...

Aaaahhh... I LOVE MY BABIES!! :) Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!

Connie and Rob said...

MY babies! They look like they are growing and changing and it hasn't even been that long since I saw them last. I can't wait to see them this weekend. Thanks for sharing their personalities as well as their pictures. But it makes me want to hug them and they are so far away!!

Ben and Taryn said...

Finally! I was just telling your mom that I was wondering how your kids were doing cause I feel like I get all my information these days though blogs, and you hadn't updated on them. I'm so jealous that Carter likes to do homework cause it's like pulling teeth to get Stryder to do his. He can only take little bits at a time and we have to spread it out over the whole week and bribe him with gum Ü. It's neat to see Lydia up and being more mobile and independent. Shelby just the other day called "Ydia" a baby cousin. I think it's hard for her to understand the whole situation but in her eyes because she is not up and walking with her she is a baby. Hopefully with Lydia's progress she will realize she is most definately not a baby any more. But that little Meleah is so stinkin' cute! I can't believe how big she is getting. I'm really excited for your newest addition and can't wait to see you all over Thanksgiving. Yeah and I actually want to go do the crazy shopping this year. Well sorry so long. We love you guys and can't wait til we get to see you all again.

Rachel said...

That is so cute! I love those kids! I got to experience their cute little things first hand last weekend! That was so fun! Meleah's psss (please), which sounds more like a sound than a word lol. And Lydia's endless questions were hysterical! My favorite was "Why do we have the floor?" or "Why do we have the picture of Meleah/Carter?" (seriously people, she was just looking around the room and asking why we have everything! It was so funny!) It really made me think. Why DO we have the floor?! ha ha. They're just super cute. Cant wait to see you all this weekend!

Lindsey said...

Love your posts. Avrie still says that she will marry Carter and move to Utah, I think she just wants to get a rise out of us now. I haven't been checking in for a while. I do share all of your political beliefs, and I am scared of what will happen next month.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I LOVE the updates. That is such a cute idea. I love Carters phrase "that scared my life" LOL That's hilarious!

Britney and Jaron said...

Your kids are adorable! Crazy that you are going to have 4 soon! You have the cutest family though and it's great to see how you are doing. I love blogs! :)

Me said...

Aahhh, that was so sweet! I love hearing what they are all in to and how cute they are!! I want to see pics of you and your preggers self.

I wanted to write something on your political post, but I can get pretty upitty about politics. You & I seem to think a lot alike with it all, though.