Randall's family started doing an annual family reunion to Fish Lake last year, and it has been such a great new tradition. This year Jackie found an adorable old farmhouse in Loa for us to rent, and almost all of Randall's siblings, nieces and nephews were able to come. Greg was unfortuna
tely too sick to make it.It's kind of deceiving calling it the trip to Fish Lake, because I had the most fun hanging out in Loa with the kids and the ladies while all the men were fishing. We made sack puppets, bean art, fingerpainted, blew bubbles, threw water balloons (I wish I had a picture of Jackie after Casey played a water balloon game with her. She was SOAKED!), and what's become a Stewart reunion family tradition...making jewelry.

We did spend some time out on the lake, however. Meleah wasn't really a fan of her life jacket, but she was all good after I pulled out the Swedish Fish and Sixlets. I'm a little bit paranoid having my babies so close to such a huge body of water, even with the life jackets, but I still enjoyed my ride on the boat. Randall and Carter had a lot less luck on this trip as far as fishing goes, but everyone had a good time cruising around the lake.
I didn't
get any pictures, but on Saturday night we met up with Randall's extended family at a bowery by the lake. We had fun chatting, and of course eating a delicious meal. Aunt Pat's chicken wonton salad is AMAZING! Even after 3 days of relaxing, playing games, and staying up late talking, none of us were ready to come home.
get any pictures, but on Saturday night we met up with Randall's extended family at a bowery by the lake. We had fun chatting, and of course eating a delicious meal. Aunt Pat's chicken wonton salad is AMAZING! Even after 3 days of relaxing, playing games, and staying up late talking, none of us were ready to come home. It's so hard to say goodbye to summer and all the fun that goes along with it. Especially now that Carter is in school and I can no longer hang out with friends, go shopping, or drive down to Vegas whenever I feel like it. Fortunately Carter is LOVING school, and I'm having fun asking him endless questions about what he does there every day. We have had an excellent summer, and now it's time to start counting down to the Holidays and an exciting new addition to our family!
5 comments:
Where is fish lake and would the place fit all the Robbins? We are always looking for new family reunion spots.
That sounds like so much fun. We didn't get to go anywhere this summer and now like you said with school it makes it more challenging to fit in a trip. I"m glad Carter likes school. Stryder seems to be having a really good time too.
HAHA... I don't know why, but that picture of Meleah in the boat really hit my funny bone! It's such a funny expression, and I didn't ever REALLY realize it was her until I opened the enlarged photo! :)
Cute! This looks like so much fun! Miss you guys!
Fish lake is somewhere in Centralish Utah and Loa is about a 20 min. drive from the lake. I doubt you guys would fit in the farmhouse, but they also rent out a barnhouse that's bigger. I haven't actually seen it, so I don't know if it's as nice, but you can check them out at www.roadcreekranch.com. The boys didn't like having to drive so far to the lake, but it was way cheaper than any of the cabins right by the lake. We had lots of fun!
Post a Comment