Thursday, August 14, 2008

Boy Names

A few of you have expressed an interest in what names we are considering and since Randall doesn't particularly like to discuss it for hours with me, I'm going to share them with all of you. Keep in mind that the birth is still months away and this list will probably change dramatically before then. I'd love to hear your input, and promise not to be offended if you don't like my names as long as you aren't offended if I end up using one that you hate. Here they are in no particular order:
1. Alex
2. Baron
3. Blake
4. Cameron
5. Cohen
6. Cole
7. Dallan
8. Damien
9. Devyn
10. Dylan
11. Donovan
12. Easton
13. Ely
14. Gavyn
15. Ian
16. Jaron
17. Zachary
If you think this list is long now, you should have seen it before we narrowed it down. We're also planning on Robert for the middle name, if that helps any of you decide which ones you like best. There is also a picture of his feet for those of you who need to see him before you can choose. Ü Please feel free to tell me what you like AND what you don't like. I need help!

16 comments:

Rachel said...

So I started to comment with the intention of giving you my favorite5-or-so and telling you that I don't particularly like Baron (too british-nobility-ish for me), but then I realized that I need to push it to favorite 10 cause you found too many good names to keep it at fav 5! SO... my favorite 10, in no particular order (except alphabetical) are: Cameron, Cohen, Dallan, Damien, Devyn, Dylan, Easton, Ely, Gavyn, and Ian. So basically I like all of them except Baron :) Now I'm gonna feel stupid if you pick that one! :) ha ha. Love ya!

BreAna said...

I like camron and cohen best. sorry feeding the baby at the sametime as typing. hehe

Ben and Taryn said...

So many cute ones! Ben and I like Cohen and Jaron and Blake. What are Randall's favs? I'm so excited for another little boy!

Jana Brown said...

Ok, so I am in agreement with Rachel on Baron unfortunately also I believe that Damien Robert Stewart sounds like a black guy, but still cute... Other than that my faves are DEFINATELY Dylan and Gavyn! SO cute right now!

Candice said...

I thought Randall eliminated all of the black sounding names! Do you think Dominic is one? I love that name! I wish Randall would tell me some favorites, but no... he has to be difficult. All he did is cross off a bunch that he hated and say "eh" about all the other ones. I'm going to have to say that my favorites at the moment are Cole, Cameron, and Ian, but who knows? My favorites when we were naming Meleah were Ashlynn, Julia, and Kayla. We're horrible at this baby naming stuff.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Ok, so I agree with Rachel about the Baron thing. :) I love the name Blake since if we ever get pregnant again and with a boy that is a name we would be considering. :) I like Cameron, Cohen, Cole, and I have a brother in law named Jaron and I think it's a cute name too. I like most of the names. :) You have pretty dang good taste in names.

The Brownlemmons said...

My personal favorites would be Devyn, Gavyn, and Cole. Easton would be perfect for you since it's so close to Ethan, and would match pretty well with Lydia and Meleah that way. J/K I have to agree with Randall and Rachel. Dominic Robert Stewart definitely sounds like a black guys name, and Baron would just be nick named Barry which is horrible to do to a poor innocent child. if you ask me, you should take Baron and Damien off the list, and get a 15 sided die. Whatever you roll will be his name.

kathy said...

I randomly linked to your blog through BreAna Palmer's (she's my daugher-in-law's sister) so thought I'd offer my opinion. I also don't like Baron (it sounds "blacker" than Dominic). And I don't like Gavyn (I knew a very feminine boy named Gavin when I was young). Damien brings back memories of the 70's movie "The Omen" where Satan's child was named Damien. I'm learning to like Cohen (even if it is a Jewish surname) since my son and daughter-in-law are considering naming their baby that if it's a boy (unless my son wins and gets to name him Geronimo, but lets not even go there!). My niece is naming her baby Donovan next month. I'm ambivilent on that one. LOVE Easton and Eli. Good luck!

Candice said...

Thank you so much for all of your opinions! I'm loving this! I'm going to formally announce that Baron is officially out of the picture. The people have spoken. I still need more help, so keep the comments coming!

Erica said...

Eww Damien is a scary baby name - Damien was the name of the Devil's son in the movie the Omen. While I don't believe Dominic sounds black it sounds more like Cuban or Puerto Rican. I like Cole and Gavyn - love the you spelled it too. Of course if I didn't say I liked Jaron Holly would flip! Although she spells it Jaren.

Lindsey said...

I like Dallan, Zachary, or Maybe Easton? I have to admit, I am not fond of a few of the names you listed.

Candice said...

Come on, Lindsey! Don't be shy...which ones don't you like?

Jana Brown said...

Yeah, I agree with Erica on the Dominic... It doesn't sound as black as Damien, but I do picture a guy like Dominic on SYTYCD season before last! Anyway... I hope you weren't too partial to Baron, but one moderately close to it that I do kinda like is Bowen like on Dragon Heart! Bowen Robert Stewart... I kinda like it! :) HAha... But there are SEVERAL others on the list that I like too, just a suggestion! :)

Anonymous said...

My vote is Gavyn! I can just hear it! Carter Lydia Meleah and Gavyn Stewart! How cute!! Love you guys! Congrats!

Heatherbether said...

No to Donovan. I like Cole (of course because I have a Colson that I call Cole a lot) Dallen, Gavyn. It's not on your list but I love the name Benson and if you like it too you can use it. Congrats on the boy. I love having boys!!!

Erica said...

So have your narrowed it down at all? or are have we only confused you?
As to Benson I think of the 80's TV show. Bowen - reminds me of airplanes - I know that is Boeing - close enough. Still like Gavyn.