Friday, January 9, 2015

It's GREAT to be, NINE and THREE!

Happy Birthday Lydia and Savanna!!!
Rachie Baby 1987?
 
We had SO much fun for my baby girls' Birthdays.  Unfortunately, the only picture I have is the one above that I stole from Rachel. (Even though I KNOW I took more than that! I just can't seem to find them on any of my devices!)   Rachel surprised us and came down from Idaho to celebrate with us since she has the same Birthday as Lydia (the day after Savanna's).  I just can't believe my girls are growing up so fast!
Savanna
Favorites -
Food:  Tomatoes, clementines, and peppers.  Seriously.
Color:  "YELLOW is my favorite color!"  I didn't even have to ask because she has told me this at least once a day for the last year.  She even has a "Yellow is my favorite color" room now, because she loves it so much.
TV Show:  "Dora and Friends"
Movie:  "Barbie and the Diamond Castle"
Song: "Let it Go and all the Frozen songs."
Toy: "My baby that when I say something and push the button, she says it back to me.  You know, Ny-laaa!"  (Her very favorite pretend name at the moment is Nyla.)

 Funny Phrases -
"checkup" = ketchup

"breakfixt" = breakfast
 
She uses a lot of big words like delicious, hilarious and "don't be ridiculous."

"That's so wee-urd!"(weird)
 
"She's CRAZY!"
 
"You're very welcome"

"That fweaked me out"

"Pee looks like lemonade, poo looks like root beer."

"Mom! Why did you change the blue curtains?  They made me be happy! Now I'm sad."

"Mom, will you shoot the fly for me? Like this: Shoot fly, don't bother me. Shoot fly don't bother me."
 
"I am a child of God, and he has sent me here.  Has given me an earthly home, with parents KIND OF dear. "
 
She's ALWAYS saying "the yellow sun."  "Mom!  It's morning!  The yellow sun is out!" or  "It's not too cold, Mom.  See! The yellow sun!" etc. 
 
"WAIT Mom! We need our kids!" (leaving the Halloween parade at the school)

"The octopus will get me!" (Her biggest fear whenever she's alone.)

"Tag, you it, times!  I not playing!"
 
"One two three... Jinx! You owe me a soda!  The soda machine's broken, now you owe me a quarter."
 
"Mom! She's copying me!"

"This is my BEST FRIEND!" She says this A LOT.


"This'll be PERFECT!"  (After dinner was all set out.)

"Mom, I not your BIG helper, I your LIT-TLE helper!"
 
Savanna is such an energetic little bundle of fun.  She loves to run around in circles, and play with anyone that has the energy to keep up with her.  She's also a little cuddle bunny, and loves to snuggle up on the couch with her Dad.  She's ridiculously smart, and amazes (and humors) me daily with her conversation and comprehension skills.  She's so sweet to her little "stister" Emma, and she can often be found playing "ring around the rosies" with her, or dragging her around by the hand.  Despite the fact that Savanna hasn't always been the most gentle sister, Emma LOVES her dearly, and can't seem to get enough of her company.  I love my sweet Savanna baby SO much, and I thoroughly enjoy watching her grow each and every day.   

 
Lydia
Lydia had a "Baking" friend party this year, and I'm seriously SO mad that all my pictures of her cute little friends in their aprons are missing!  They made pizzas, fruit skewers, and decorated cookies.  It was LOTS of fun, and the girls were SO well behaved.  We also celebrated with Rachel and my family, and also the Stewart family.
Favorites
Food - Chocolate! 
Animal - Dolphin
Book - Ever After High
Movie - Dolphin Tale
TV Show - Jessie
Color - Pink
Friend - I like ALL my friends!
Thing to Do - Play outside, even if it's winter
Toy - My cupid Barbie
Subject - Art
Food to Hate - Peas
Song - "22" or "Love Story" or "Shake It Off"... This girl LOVES Taylor Swift.
 
Funny Phrases: 
Lydia has always been very inquisitive...
"Does a nutcracker crack nuts or crackers?"
 
"Why do they call it a PAIR of underwear if it's just one?"
 
 My little Lyddies is SUCH a sweetheart.  We're definitely starting to enter the teen years, but she is still way more sugar than sass.  She, more than anyone, notices when I'm having a bad day, and tries to help me feel better.  Especially when she is partially to blame for the bad day.  ;)  She HATES when anyone is sad, and will always try to comfort with a joke and a giggle, or a hug.  She makes sure that she gives me a hug EVERY NIGHT before Randall tucks them into bed.  She's becoming so independent and I'm SO proud of all that she has accomplished.  Her optimistic attitude is an inspiration to me, and I'm so grateful that I have her in my life. 

No comments: