Friday, October 24, 2014

Carter is 11!

My not-so-little Carter-Cutie had his 11th Birthday!  (FOREVER ago, but better late than never, right?)
 
He opted for a Harry Potter themed friend party this year,  and it was LOTS of fun!  I know absolutely nothing about Harry Potter, but you can find ANYTHING on Pinterest...
Easiest. Cake. EVER!
Although it was actually kind of annoying for me to mess it up to match Ingrid's cake.
 
Wands and Golden eggs filled with jelly beans.
Carter, leading the singing to his Birthday song -
Honeydukes Candy Shop 
Science experiments
We did several, but this is the only one that I remembered to take a picture of.
 
We also had mandarin orange cake over at the Stewart's to celebrate, but I keep forgetting to get the pitures from Bob!  (My camera was "lost in the move" at that time.)
 
Carter also graduated from boy scouts this year, and although I'm not gonna cry on my pillow every night because I don't get to attend pack meeting or build a pinewood derby car for another couple of years, I AM sad that my Carter-cutie is so OLD!
 

 So happy that he was able to earn his arrow of light even amongst all the chaos of moving.
This was him 3 years ago, people.  THREE unbelievably short years!
Carter is such a sweet boy, and he LOVES serving us breakfast in bed.  His favorite dish to make - tortilla scramblers.
He's got a GREAT imagination, and he loves to mess around.  This is what he does after I tell him to carry all the pillows upstairs-
Food:  Anything Italian or mexican
Least Favorite Food: Anything with raw tomatoes or mushrooms, and also milk
Book: Harry Potter and Judy Blume
Movie:  Anything Marvel or Harry Potter
Color:  Black, Blue, and Orange
TV Show:  Anything that's for my age and up, like Dog with a Blog, Studio C... except NOT Jesse because it ALWAYS insults people!
Toy:  Action Figures and electronics, and my binder (that he draws pictures of action figures in.)
Hero:  Iron Man for Marvel, and Superman and Green Lantern from DC
Thing to Do:  Draw in my binder
Thing to Be When You Grow Up:  Scientist

FUNNY PHRASE: 
"Aaaaw, my back hurts so bad!  It's worse than a fireball blasting into me!  I think I have arthritis!" 

Carter is the perfect oldest child.  I sometimes think all the weight I put on him as the oldest is a little too much for him to bare, but I can always count on him to come through (with a little bit of whining, of course... HIM whining, not me...well, maybe a little bit me...)  He is a great example to all of his younger siblings, and I'm so grateful that he has such strong values and integrity at such a young age.  I love him so much, and could not have asked for a better "guinea pig" to guide me in this crazy world of motherhood. 

1 comment: