Thursday, January 2, 2014

Mo Tab's Christmas Concert

 A few years ago, I put our names into the drawing to get tickets to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas performance at the Conference Center.  I was THRILLED when I received the tickets in the mail, and we decided to take Bob and Jill with us.  The day arrived, and we carpooled with them downtown.  We left in what we considered to be plenty of time, but we grossly miscalculated how HORRENDOUS the traffic would be.  Especially because there was also a Jazz game that night.  We FINALLY parked and Bob wheeled Jill in as I waddled my 8 1/2 months pregnant body through the parking lot just as fast as I could (without peeing my pants, of course).  Unfortunately, we arrived to the Conference Center just after they allowed the standby people to fill in the remaining seats.  Needless to say, Jill and I were extremely disappointed (there may have even been a few tears shed... but remember I WAS pregnant at the time.)  Since then, I have never put my name in for tickets again. However, this year Randall was offered tickets from one of his co-workers.  I was moderately excited to go with him (Remember how TERRIBLE it turned out last time?!) but due to sick kids Randall ended up having a Daddy Daugther date with Lydia. 
They left RIDICULOUSLY early this time, and still only made it into their seats with a few minutes to spare.  I was SO relieved when Randall texted me that they had made it!  They had a great time, and although I was admittedly a little bit jealous of Lydia, I was thrilled that she got to have some one on one time with her Dad.  Her favorite part was "a funny song that the lady sang, getting treats at Mcdonalds after, and staying up WAY past bedtime on a SCHOOLNIGHT!" 

1 comment:

Cecil and Rachel Morris said...

SO cute! Priceless memories! :-)