Thursday, March 1, 2012

Nine!

Car2D2 turned 9!  We had a GREAT time celebrating with him.  He wanted to have  a "friend party" this year, and since it's one of my rare un-pregnant years, I decided to go for it.  I tried to talk him into a different theme since we've done Star Wars before, but he wasn't interested.  He LOVES Star Wars. So, we made a lightsaber cake and played pin the saber on the Jedi. 
 Carter blew out all 9 candles on the first try!  I was pretty impressed.
The cake was a little tricky because Carter doesn't really like frosting or fondant.  Tara made a whipped cream frosting that was DELICIOUS and we frosted cake rolls to make the lightsaber.  Not as perfect-looking as fondant, but he was happy with it.  Carter also requested cursive handwriting since he just received his "cursive license" at school a few weeks ago.  Apparently my license should have been revoked years ago. 
The kids made their own light sabers to pin on the poster, and it was fun to see them being creative.  We also watched an episode of Star Wars the Clone Wars and had a few pretty intense lightsaber battles. 
Grandpa Stewart made Carter his favorite chicken fettuccini the next day and we had MORE cake and ice cream. 
Funny Phrases:
"Pretzels are my worstest enemy." (Also tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, Meleah...)

"That's so old school!"

"Al-low me." (Such a gentleman...sometimes.)

"I just took initiative!"

"If you were a headless woman then I'd be the same size as you."

"Please bless that love will be spread throughout the whole world."

"I lost my dream friend!" (Apparently he used to have recurring dreams with a little furry green "friend" and he doesn't anymore.  So sad!)

Favorites -
Food: Chicken Fettuccini, chili casserole, cheese quesadillas, pizza, and ravioli
Color: blue
TV Show:  Star Wars Clone Wars
Movie:  Star Wars the Padawan Menace
Toy:  Legos, 3DS, and General Grievous lightsaber
Book: Captain Underpants (*sigh*)
We love Carter SO much and are so happy that he's in our family.  I can't believe it's been 9 YEARS since I was 3 days past my due date, waiting for my first little baby to be born.  He is such a GOOD boy, and I really appreciate his calm, matter-of-fact nature in this house full of craziness.  Happy Birthday Carter!!!

1 comment:

Ben and Taryn said...

Happy Birthday to Carter-Farter! I can't believe our babies are turning 9 this year! I thought 8 was bad enough last year. I'm so glad the boys had so much fun when you where here.