Friday, January 13, 2012

Cameron is 3!

   My little Cam-Cam just turned 3! (Even though he keeps telling everyone he's "fibe.")  We had lots of fun celebrating with my side on New Year's Eve, and with Randall's side the following Sunday.  Saturday (his actual Birthday) was int-res-ting...
    We took him to Chuckarama and planned to go to the movies after that, but Lydia started complaining of pain in her back, leg, etc. (she wasn't even interested in BROWNIES or ICE CREAM!), so we ended up going to the Emergency Room instead.  Five minutes before we got to the hospital she seemed fine again, but we decided to have her checked out anyway.  After hours of waiting and a couple of x-rays, they told us she had Toxic Synovitis (hip inflammation) and to give her ibuprofen.  Still not sure that was really the problem, but whatever.
    We went to Costco after that, and were pretty exhausted.  Seriously, I'm not sure I've ever felt closer to an asylum than I did after taking all 5 kids to Chuckarama (one of them squirming in pain the entire time), a trip to the Emergency Room, and a Costco excursion ON A SATURDAY.   Therefore, we just went home and had a popcorn movie night.  Hopefully Cameron still feels like he had a fun Birthday, or at least will be too young to remember how lame it was.  Randall still gives his sister Jackie grief because she had the audacity to be baptized on HIS Birthday.  I guess we'll see if he takes after his Dad...
 Tara made this adorable Toy Story/My Little Pony Cake for Cameron and Kayleigh

This is what your pictures will look like if you leave your camera in your car in January, then try to bring it in and take a picture of your child on his new bike.  Just so ya know. 
 Cameron received a bike, cash register set, Shake n' Go Batmobile, some jammies, stuffed Spongebob...
His actual Birthday may not have been ideal, but at least he got to have Birthday cake THREE TIMES!  (One of them was actually a Costco muffin, but they're pretty much cake, right?  And no, he didn't pee his pants...he just spilled his lemonade. Seriously!)
    Cameron has such a fun personality.  He can be a little bit sassy at times, and he likes to say things like "I whatever me want," (I can do whatever I want) "No, I don't wike (like) it!" and "I'n talking to Leah!" if you should dare to respond when he's not talking to you.  It's also very important to acknowledge when he IS saying something to you or he'll repeat it louder and louder until you do. Everything is "way mad" (way bad) for him.  He'll say "I ungry way mad," "I need that way mad," etc.  He also can be a little sneaky at times...especially with food.  I swear I feed him CONSTANTLY, but he still loves to sneak food from the kitchen, hide by the far side of my bed, and pig out.  You'd be surprised what I've found over there...a Costco sized bag of grated mozzarella, a bucket of cookie dough, HUNDREDS of Kraft Singles wrappers...

FAVORITES -
Food - "Mush-mellow big" (I still haven't taught him to put the adjective BEFORE the noun because it's SO dang cute! Hope that doesn't bite me in the butt come school time.)  He also asks for "butter honey" (peanut butter and honey sandwich) EVERY DAY.
TV Show - "umi zoominy" (Team Umizoomi)
Color - "red"
Friend - "Gampa" (Grandpa)
Toy - "phone"  ? He plays with his Toy Story and Cars toys a lot.
Movie - "Cars 2 and Woody" (Toy Story)
Book -  "I'n all done now!" (Frankly I'm surprised he answered as many questions as he did.)

FUNNY PHRASES -
Escoose me. I just burp again.

Aaaaaaaaaaar-guh! (sadly, he gets this from me)

Na-na boo-boo,  you can't catch me! (no clue where he got this)

You say yes, Mom?! (He says this every time I tell them they can do something I normally don't let them do.  Like eat chocolate chips, for example. It's like he's shocked that I can actually be nice sometimes.)

A-ter rest time, we wake up! (He seriously says this 15 times a day.  Not sure if it's just a fun fact he likes to share, or if he's afraid he won't wake up someday and needs reassurance.)

I need a do-der (doctor) (Anything from the hiccups to a sticker stuck to his foot - he needs a doctor.)

Funny Conversations - 
1. Mommy: "No way Jose."
    Cameron: "Me not Jose!  Me Cam-ran!"

2.  Cameron:  "Jicken."
    Meleah:  "Don't say chicken."
    Cameron:  "Jicken."
    Meleah:  "STOP!"
    Cameron:  "Jicken."
    Meleah:  "Mom!  Cameron's ANNOYING me!"
I think his goal in life is to drive Meleah crazy by teasing, tackling, and copying her daily.

3.  Mom:  Has anyone seen my camera?
     Cameron: (with adorable playful smile)  I'n right here Mommy! 

   Cameron is so playful, energetic, and incredibly sweet. Whenever he sees someone sleeping, he'll find a blanket and cover them up.  He LOVES to "hold me," "sit on my yap (lap)" and snuggle with me under a warm "bankie"(blankie).  He's very sensitive and will usually run over to me immediately after getting in trouble to give me a teary hug and make up.  I LOVE my little buddy SO much and am SO happy that I get to spend every day with my mischievous, silly, sweet little cutie-pie.

2 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

Oh man he's getting so big! What a cutie! Happy late Birthday Cam!

BreAna said...

holy cow, he looks so big in all of these pictures. What is happening, they aren't supposed to grow up so dang fast.