Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween!

So, I think I bruised/cracked my ribs on Halloween night which is why I'm a little late with the Halloween post. Let's just say that I had a little run-in with the side mirror of my car and my double stroller and leave it at that.  Fortunately, I can now breath/move without causing intense pain and am now able to blog!  Yay!  Aside from my accident, and HORRIBLE traffic in Utah County, we had a really fun Halloween.
I practiced making Marshmallow Frankensteins for Activity Days with my kids .  It's a good thing I did, because the food coloring DID NOT work in the chocolate AT ALL.  We ended up making Marshmallow ghosts/monsters/vampires instead with white chocolate.  Do you like my kids' mean Frankenstein faces?  Carter really got into it -
We also had lots of fun carving pumpkins.  Carter carved the skeleton ALL BY HIMSELF, and the girls and I had a combined effort on the cat.  I was pretty impressed...and I even figured out how to turn off the flash on my camera this year -

The brave Iron Man!
The beautiful Fairy Princess Rosabelle!  The girls made up their names themselves.  Meleah was going to be Princess Jessa, then Rosa, and finally Rosabelle.  She also made sure everyone knew that she was a Fairy PRINCESS, not just a fairy.
And the gorgeous Fairy Princess Abeyta.  It may sound a little odd, but Lydia's teacher this year is Mrs. Abeyta.  She LOVES her, obviously. 
 Fairy Princess was a popular choice for Halloween this year!
SUPER-CAMERON!
It was tricky to get this cute little ducky to hold still long enough to get  a picture of her! 
We also had a fun family party at Tara's house that I forgot to bring my camera to.  We're so blessed to have such great family and friends that make every holiday so much fun.  Not to mention how they take care of my kids, fix meals, and provide medical supplies when I am a clumsy oaf and injure myself. What would I do without them?

1 comment:

Ben and Taryn said...

OH my gosh girl! I need to get more details on your Halloween accident. Shelby was a fairy princess too and just like Meleah kept making sure everyone knew she was a fairy princess! That is one cute duck too! Glad you are feeling better and that everyone had a good Halloween.