Friday, February 11, 2011

Makeovers!

I'm finally posting our before and after pictures just for you JILL!  Actually, I'm not very good at remembering to take "before" pictures, so unfortunately I only have one.  I'm still going to show you all the "afters" though.
Before

After
There is a new love in my life - GLAZE!  Now I just need some new appliances, countertops, and a beautiful backsplash and I'll be all set!
Girls Room


I really wish I would have taken a picture of this dresser before Randall refinished it.  It looks SO much better now.  Trust me.  I also love the butterflies and polka dots even though I've had to tell Meleah several times to quit turning her polka dots into "snowmen."
Boys Room

Carter loves that I displayed his original artwork.  In case you can't tell, it's a picture of Darth that says "I am your father."
Every star wars room needs a life-sized cardboard cut-out of "Chewybacca."
The picture over his bed is his prized certificate for completing Jedi Training at Disneyland a couple weeks ago.  Eventually I want to get some awesome Star Wars fabric and make curtains for the window and the closet, but so far I've only been able to find Star Wars Clone Wars fabric.  

Someday (once Cameron's potty trained) there will be a mattress on the top bunk with matching bedding and the firetruck bed will be put into storage so there's more room to play.  Carter didn't like having a firetruck in his Star Wars themed room until I explained to him that Anakin probably would have appreciated a firetruck in the third movie when he was burning up on that volcano mountain thing.  

I got a lot of inspiration from my friend Rebecca, who's house looks amazing.  We still have tons of projects that we need to do, but Randall and I are a little tired of decorating.  Hopefully it won't be too long before we get motivated again.  Sometimes it takes years...

6 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

Holy Crap Candice those rooms look AWESOME!! Love Love your kitchen!!!! So pretty! One question...how will you fit three little girls in that adorable room? :)

Rheanna said...

Everything looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! You did a fantastic job!

Shauna said...

I am jealous, you did a great job. I want my kitchen to look cool like yours now. I need some cool designing tips

Jillayne Clements said...

I LOVE what you have done, Candice! Awesome!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

What are you doing putting my name in there - YOU'VE got the skills! It all looks BEE-U-TI-FULL!! Looks like somebody has been very busy, and it's totally paid off.

(although that Chewybacca would look amazing as a headboard in your room....meow.)

Kim said...

Ha! I was going to paint my cabinets the EXACT same way. white with a glaze on top and dark brown on bottom! A girl after my own heart! Looks great!