This is Lydia's school picture for this year, and I was a little bit annoyed surprised to see that they took off her cute little white sweater that goes with the dress. While voicing my disappointment to my husband I heard Lydia's little sweet voice behind me say "I told them to take it off Mom...am I still pretty?" Of course she is! I sometimes forget how grown up my kids are and how much they understand. Lydia has been going to preschool Tuesday through Friday this year, and totally LOVES it. She still loves to ask questions and is constantly asking me what day it is tomorrow, what day is after Saturday, and what she's doing on Thursday. Most of the time she already knows the answer (since she'd just asked the same question five minutes earlier), but I think she just likes to have a conversation with me and can't think of anything else to say. She also finds it hilarious to say "huh?" or "what?" after I tell her something even though she totally heard what I said. I generally don't share her amusement in that particular situation. She's getting much faster with her walker, and just beams with pride when someone pays her a compliment (which is admittedly quite frequent). She loves to boss around play with Meleah and occasionally even receives the great honor of playing with Carter. (Only if he's REALLY bored.) She loves to be a big helper and do things all by herself (although not quite as bull-headed about it as her little sister).
Favorite Food: Squiggly Noodles (I know they're nutritionally void, but I ALWAYS put peas in them alright!)
Favorite Movie: Sleeping Beauty
Favorite Friend: Everybody
Favorite Boyfriend: Carter AND London AND Wyatt
Favorite Color: pink AND purple
Favorite TV Show: Max and Ruby
Favorite Book: Glow in the Dark Firefly Favorite Hairstyle: Sleeping Beauty (down with lots of curls)
Favorite Toy: Barbies
Favorite Parent: Mom Just kidding! I didn't really ask her that...even though I think I know what her answer would be. :)
What do you want to be when you grow up? a doctor and a mommy and a teacherFavorite Phrases
"I'll be waiting, that's what I really want..." sung to the melody of Taylor Swift's Love Story along with a variety of other Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus songs."I had a cupcake at school tomorrow." I could easily correct her confusion about yesterday and tomorrow, but I think it's cute, so I'm not going to. I know, I know, I'm a bad mom.
"It's really freakin' me out Dad!" She said this about the water draining out of the tub while she was still in it. She has since overcome her fear of going down the drain.
"Hi Dad! I'm singing REALLY loud!" This was yelled across the chapel during the Primary program last week.

4 comments:
Oh I miss sweet Liddy's. I can't wait until next week!!!
She is adorable! She does look so old. The day she was born is so vivid in my mind, I can't believe all this time has passed!
They are Latterday designs. I searched the internet, but I bet you are smarter than me. I found them a little cheaper at seagull books, but the shipping would make up the difference. :(
Lyddies is always beautiful!! I wish I'd been able to be at her primary progarm. I know she is a good singer!! I'd have really loved hearing her say so to everyone!! Love you Lydia!!
Post a Comment