so fun to share a place that I have such fond memories of with my children. They love the cabin every bit as much as I do, and are constantly asking when we can go back.Most of you have already seen a lot of these pictures because I unashamedly stole them from family blog sites. (Apparently I was a little lazy while up on the mountain, because I have very few pictures that I actually took myself.)
Carter caught his first fish last summer at Fish Lake and has been obsessed with fishing ever since.
Fortunately, he and Randall were very lucky to catch many fish throughout the week. Enough that Randall even got in trouble with a forest ranger, and had a couple of fish confiscated. I suppose we should have looked up the limit before we went fishing! Fortunately we weren't fined, which is more than I can say for poor Rachel who forgot to take her license that morning and was later charged $200.00. Don't forget to take you fishing licenses with you, people! Those rangers mean business. Carter was really excited to eat his fish the first night, but the next day he got upset I also wanted to remark that yes, I put Carter in sweat pants that he wore when he was 2, and no, I don't think boys should wear capris. Due to the fact that Carter was constantly getting muddy in the stream, we ran out of clothes a little early. Since there is no washing machine at the cabin, we had to improvise, and that's that. These are nothing compared to the blue stretch pants of Lydia's that I had him wear the next day. Ü
We had lots of fun playing cards, reading, chatting, sitting around the campfire, and just enjoying each other's company throughout the week. The kids loved learning some new camp songs, making smores, beading, and getting disgustingly dirty in the great outdoors. I love the cabin so much, and feel so blessed to have such a great place to go and create wonderfu
6 comments:
Looks like you guys have a fun freakin week. i wish linc would take more time off work, but oh well. Anyway we need to get together. Liam is being blessed on sunday at 11 I hope you guys can come.
Fun! Everytime I look at all the cabin pictures it just makes my skin crawl to see the kids all so dirty. I don't like dirt! But I guess the kids all looked like they had a good time. And no one told me Rachel got a fine fishing without a license! That is crazy! Well can't wait to see you and the kids soon. When are you guys coming down anyways, no one is updating the travel log on the family website Ü! Anyways love ya and all of your kiddies!
Great post! Yeah, the $200 citation AFTER I purchased the $32 license in the first place was pretty unfortunate, but the week was fun! At least I have the peace of mind knowing that I was fishing legally, despite the fact that the Utah Justice System chose to rob me blind! :) It was such a fun week and it was fun seeing the kids get all dirty like we used to :) Love ya!
I'm jealous, it looks like you guys had so much fun. I want a cabin.
Yeah... Let's go back! Haha... And yeah, I won't be talking Rachel into buying any more fishing licenses for a REALLY long time if ever again! I totally feel bad! I want to go hunt down all those Sanpete Rangers till I find that guy... We'll just say it won't be a happy day for him! I shoulda pushed him in the lake and took off! That swampy mud woulda taught him a lesson! Haha... Lier! Anywho... Other than that it was an AMAZING week! Can't wait for next year! :)
FUN! I love going to cabins and hanging up in the mountains. I am so jealous. I wish my family had a cabin to go to.
Post a Comment